2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind being called "nobhead". It is infinitely preferable to what I have just recently been called, which was a ......a... ah I can't repeat it. I am determined not to fall out with the name caller, but judging by the symbol he sent in answer to my attempt to defuse it, he remains unrepentant. If he writes something good I will send him a like. That might soften his heart, bless him.

I wouldn't mind being called "nobhead". It is infinitely preferable to what I have just recently been called, which was a ......a... ah I can't repeat it. I am determined not to fall out with the name caller, but judging by the symbol he sent in answer to my attempt to defuse it, he remains unrepentant. If he writes something good I will send him a like. That might soften his heart, bless him.
We are not here to fall out with each other. Just because someone has a different point of view we should not engage in name calling. Thats just childish and usually means that person is losing the argument We are all blues after all and only want the best for our club

I worry for him. Worry that our fans are so desperate for him to be back in the squad,that he's almost going to be seen as a cure for all our ills,when in reality he won't be,No doubt with better players round him we know he'll be a far bigger asset,but lets remember he was playing in the team when we where getting turned over by Villa and the likes.

Yes we all love him,but it only takes a run a bad performances and the booboys are out in force.

Digne is prime example,you wouldn't have heard a bad word said about him last season,a loss of form,and the same people that where signing his praises want him out the club quick sharp.
Agree with this, although we wont see him this season anyway.

I'm with you firefighter I just don't see what others see unless you focus on home games against lower table opposition.

People harping on about the first half at Anfield last season shows you his lack of consistency. He was that great we didnt even win that game.

He is usually very composed on the ball and can spray the ball about accurately. However, he is very slow/immobile and is a major weakness defensively.
Similar to Bernard, he can excel at home when teams sit back and commit less bodies forward.He can be a focal point and fans love that.

But go way from home and the opposite is true. We have less of the ball, we get outnumbered and outhustled by opposition and Gomes/Bernard become liabilities.

We should be looking to buy players good enough for a top 6 place at least, that means consistent performers at home and away. Neither of these 2 will give you that.

We are not here to fall out with each other. Just because someone has a different point of view we should not engage in name calling. Thats just childish and usually means that person is losing the argument We are all blues after all and only want the best for our club
1836764E-973E-4B00-9361-5815CCFE6FD8.jpeg

I'm with you firefighter I just don't see what others see unless you focus on home games against lower table opposition.

People harping on about the first half at Anfield last season shows you his lack of consistency. He was that great we didnt even win that game.

He is usually very composed on the ball and can spray the ball about accurately. However, he is very slow/immobile and is a major weakness defensively.
Similar to Bernard, he can excel at home when teams sit back and commit less bodies forward.He can be a focal point and fans love that.

But go way from home and the opposite is true. We have less of the ball, we get outnumbered and outhustled by opposition and Gomes/Bernard become liabilities.

We should be looking to buy players good enough for a top 6 place at least, that means consistent performers at home and away. Neither of these 2 will give you that.
I think the thing is people can see he can actually play football in an attacking sense unlike the rest of the crew. Certainly my hope is the addition of similar players might improve his consistency because at the moment if you focus on him and stop him you stop Everton which might explain the inconsistency.

It certainly might be the case of clutching at straws but we really have very little else to offer creatively

For a club of our current status any player who was deemed good enough for Barcelona has to be within our sights. Which other pool can we fish in for future players? We are not Citeh or the RS. Let us hope he puts that terrible injury well behind him, unlike Coleman who has been wrecked by his.

Gomes has sprayed the ball around like platini in some games and been average or worse in others. On his best day he would be starting for Barcelona that is why they bought him, he doesn't play like that enough that is why they sold him. He would not be at Everton if he was a consistent player. I thought last year he could have done with a spell out wide where he got more time and space, like Arteta did. That would have been a cool thing to help him adapt to English football.

For a club of our current status any player who was deemed good enough for Barcelona has to be within our sights. Which other pool can we fish in for future players? We are not Citeh or the RS. Let us hope he puts that terrible injury well behind him, unlike Coleman who has been wrecked by his.
That's a myth about colemans injury being his form problem now, because he was poor before it.

Iv got no.problem.been called names.. it shows that person has lost the argument. I'm.not over reacting about anything. Just stating my.position.on Gomes. If people don't like that they need to show.why they think.he is so good. That hasn't happened.yet. as for chilling I'm.always.chilled.
I'ts, an inTernet. Forum, who car'es"
Just randomly throwing punctuation around isn't the same as grammar.

Also worth remembering that last season he was alongside Gueye who is levels ahead of anything we have or are likely to have anytime soon and we finished a poor 8th and out of the cups early.

Status
Not open for further replies.