2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know he's not back yet and just training, but that is a ridiculous recovery time

seen people fearing he wouldn't play again it looked that bad, fast forward 2 months he's all smiles back at finch farm

go head Andre lad
Aye, didn't realise we had so many qualified, expert physiotherapists / surgeons / doctors in here until Andre got injured.

Thankfully, nearly all were completely wrong.

Can't wait to see him back. By God we need him.

i know he's not back yet and just training, but that is a ridiculous recovery time

seen people fearing he wouldn't play again it looked that bad, fast forward 2 months he's all smiles back at finch farm

go head Andre lad

People are dead weird and just love to come up with end of the world scenarios in their heads. Absolutely no logic behind that, it was a broken ankle. Painful and looks horrible but at the end of the day it’s a routine operation for a surgeon.

Aye, didn't realise we had so many qualified, expert physiotherapists / surgeons / doctors in here until Andre got injured.

Thankfully, nearly all were completely wrong.

Can't wait to see him back. By God we need him.

My wife's a physio and I've read 20 pages of one of her books on muscle injuries.

So I can safely say I'm in a position to 100% confirm Gomes will be at least on the bench Saturday and ready to come on if needed.

People are dead weird and just love to come up with end of the world scenarios in their heads. Absolutely no logic behind that, it was a broken ankle. Painful and looks horrible but at the end of the day it’s a routine operation for a surgeon.

Oh ye deffo, people are just very glum about everything

Was having a debate with a kopite the next day in work and he was tryna tell me it's the worst injury he's ever seen, was like mate cisse's leg nearly fell off twice playing for youse, this is just a broken ankle

...in a way, a broken or dislocated ankle is an injury that a player recovers from, whereas when those big thigh muscles are seriously damaged they can repeat throughout a career. They will be re-introducing Gbamin very nervously.

Gbamin’s was a tendon injury on the big tendon in his quad. The club played it down, but the surgery was likely to require the tendons to be reattached via suture anchored to drill holes in the knee cap. Getting mobility back to the knee could take a long time. Gomes’s fracture dislocation probably more straightforward by comparison.

Gbamin’s was a tendon injury on the big tendon in his quad. The club played it down, but the surgery was likely to require the tendons to be reattached via suture anchored to drill holes in the knee cap. Getting mobility back to the knee could take a long time. Gomes’s fracture dislocation probably more straightforward by comparison.
Damn! But I guess not too long ago would have been career ending at least at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.