2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry for him. Worry that our fans are so desperate for him to be back in the squad,that he's almost going to be seen as a cure for all our ills,when in reality he won't be,No doubt with better players round him we know he'll be a far bigger asset,but lets remember he was playing in the team when we where getting turned over by Villa and the likes.

Yes we all love him,but it only takes a run a bad performances and the booboys are out in force.

Digne is prime example,you wouldn't have heard a bad word said about him last season,a loss of form,and the same people that where signing his praises want him out the club quick sharp.

You keep saying hes awful away from home, but you then claimed his best game for us was away at Anfield.

Me thinks you are judging his whole Everton career on that 1 game at Villa.

I dont mind people disagreeing with me, but anybody who has a different view to mine will be taken to task, I mean thats the whole nature of the forum is it not? Conflicting views.

As for Gomes, ive said this many times, hes not a world-class player, but on his day he is a wonderful footballer and we are much, much better off with him in the side.

Im not sure why you think "blues who go to aways" are more knowledgeable than other fans tho, its a really strange view to take, assuming that only 3k fans a week should be taken notice of.
As I asked you before what other away game has Gomes played really well. Anfield should be his yardstick for away games but he hasn't reached that height again. At home he has been ok but his performances haven't been as good as last season.
And I agree this forum should be about conflicting views but you did repeat the nobhead message. We should all be able to have views without being called names. This just shows you have run out of arguments .
I don't mind being taken to task.cos I think.i can hold my own without calling someone names
I mentioned away.fans cos I can't speak for all of them but a lot I talk to on the way back have always been critical of Gomes cos he seems to go missing. Think.a lot of other blues think the same.
I think.gomes can be a very good player on his day but ATM for me he hasn't had enough of those days but I hope when he comes back he had a lot of those days because that will mean that Everton have played well too

On his day he’s one of the very best central midfielders I’ve ever seen play for us.

I think Ancelotti could take him to the next level and make him more consistent.

Maybe he'll be his new Pirlo?

Consistency is the key for Gomes. Villa is one of the worst performances I've ever seen and then Watford I think the game was, he was immense.

As I asked you before what other away game has Gomes played really well. Anfield should be his yardstick for away games but he hasn't reached that height again. At home he has been ok but his performances haven't been as good as last season.
And I agree this forum should be about conflicting views but you did repeat the nobhead message. We should all be able to have views without being called names. This just shows you have run out of arguments .
I don't mind being taken to task.cos I think.i can hold my own without calling someone names
I mentioned away.fans cos I can't speak for all of them but a lot I talk to on the way back have always been critical of Gomes cos he seems to go missing. Think.a lot of other blues think the same.
I think.gomes can be a very good player on his day but ATM for me he hasn't had enough of those days but I hope when he comes back he had a lot of those days because that will mean that Everton have played well too

Everton have been awful away from home for 30 years.

To single Gomes out seems a bit harsh to me.

Not yet, imagine if he took his top off at Goodison.
Oh my days. I hope I’m present that day.
They were mentioned in that they didn't like people who disagrees with their views. This site is supposed to be about discussion. We all support everton and want the best for our club. If someone disagrees with what you say you should use reasoned argument to express your views not call someone a nobhead like 2 of the posters did.
Now if you as a moderator are ok with things like that the place will just descend into a slanging match
Only 1 person called you a nobhead.

Stop being so precious, if your going to have unpopular views then prepare to have people question them.
Not only have you not been personally insulted (the original insult being a general mirth-intended comment) you are running the risk of highlighting a tendency to overreact.

Let it go, chill. No one meant you personally.

I think he was played far to deep by Silva,thanks to this obsession of playing out from the back,he'd have to come deep because he was one of a few comfortable on the ball.

Against Liverpool,his best game in my opinion,he caused them all sorts of problems when he was encouraged to get forward.

He should be receiving the ball in the centre circle, dictating play, as opposed to having to start our play outside the penalty box.

Everton have been awful away from home for 30 years.

To single Gomes out seems a bit harsh to me.
It is not only Gomes who.i.have singled out. I have also.given stick to others like siggy, Davies and especially schneiderlin. Gomes is a much better player than those 3 but he dosnt show it often enough. He needs to be a lot more consistent to.be given the hero worship that some.on here give him. Hopefully Ancellotti will.get him playing to a consistent level cos when he does play well Everton play well. And I'm sure we all want that

Oh my days. I hope I’m present that day.

Not only have you not been personally insulted (the original insult being a general mirth-intended comment) you are running the risk of highlighting a tendency to overreact.

Let it go, chill. No one meant you personally.
Iv got no.problem.been called names.. it shows that person has lost the argument. I'm.not over reacting about anything. Just stating my.position.on Gomes. If people don't like that they need to show.why they think.he is so good. That hasn't happened.yet. as for chilling I'm.always.chilled.

Iv got no.problem.been called names.. it shows that person has lost the argument. I'm.not over reacting about anything. Just staying my.position.on Gomes. If people don't like that they need to show.wht they think.he is so good. That hasn't happened.yet. as for chilling I'm.always.chilled.
It’s just that you wouldn’t let it go. That sort of contradicts your relaxed nature about it.

Anyway, let it go. It's done.

What a man tho.

1168634873.jpg.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.