2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you compare what we paid for Klaasen then he’s worth it, but he needs more goals and assists. Gueye is the stopper so Gomes needs to be the creator.

Klaassen didnt even look very good in holland. Total waste of money and i dont think you can compare the two really.

I think if we sign Gomes then he must be deep with 2 box to box monsters in the centre.

Gana doesnt work at all next to him with sigurdsson so far ahead...theres no defence bar Gana and i think we get overrun there...

I dont think he needs goals or assists, hed be similar to Jorginho at chelsea positionally but is strong and can run forward so i think its best to see him deep.

Klaassen didnt even look very good in holland. Total waste of money and i dont think you can compare the two really.

Going to stop you there, he did. I watched a lot of Ajax the year before he came and he was great. Unfortunately for us, when he was there his game was built on having pace out wide who he would distribute the ball out to and then receive it back from in the box, usually with a late run.

He was definitely too lightweight for this league but he had no chance of showing what he was about in our paceless team.

I mean in terms of how he knits play from deep. His role isn't really to get assists or goals - it's a bonus if he does. His role is to take a ball to feet and be positive and inventive with it.
Yeah I agree. Sorry I realised what you were getting at after I posted, I just associate Fabregas with assists so I was a bit slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.