2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying no one we have is perfect. Very few are even CL level at the moment. Thinking about it quickly I probably couldn't find a flaw in Digne but that's probably it. It's the middle of the summer and we haven't played a game in months. There isn't any reason we can't say so and so could do this better while nothing else is happening.

No tears now, only sweet dreams

Anyone can play this stupid opinion game. But if the only support you have is sheer arrogance, you are probably wrong, dumb, or both.

Mate, I don’t say this to antagonise, but you’re at risk of completely derailing this thread. Every time I click it, you’re on here having a moan about Gomes and anyone who doesn’t agree with you.

Just move on, talk about some other players maybe, let it lie.

Homoerotic jokes aside, this boy makes us tick.

Anyone cherry picking stats to try and justify his "lack of productivity" clearly didn't watch us much last term. He was, for the most part, a cut above the rest.

Absolute mustard is Andrè.
Both can be true. Appreciation of his clear talent and obvious influence while also hoping his productivity improves.

Gomes is a good player. Great close control and passing ability but needs to create more in the final 3rd, along with Bernard, if we want a shot at top 6.

We need a striker and more goals/assists from midfield.

Gomes and Bernard are pretty to watch, but need to be more productive.

Gomes is a good player. Great close control and passing ability but needs to create more in the final 3rd, along with Bernard, if we want a shot at top 6.

We need a striker and more goals/assists from midfield.

Gomes and Bernard are pretty to watch, but need to be more productive.
I see your point but then we can point an accusing finger at surrounding players.....are they in a good position to receive a ball, are they too slow to see a space of opportunity. A striker has been a problem for us since Rom and have not been good enough to create space to receive. Works both ways really. I know it is a stat but at least Gomes is always looking for a forward ball but he will need help for them to be productive. We get a good striker and it will be obvious that Bernards and Gomes productivity rise along with the other players. Currently our main objective is to bring the wide players and full backs into play because clever movement is at a premium when we attempt to play through the middle.

I see your point but then we can point an accusing finger at surrounding players.....are they in a good position to receive a ball, are they too slow to see a space of opportunity. A striker has been a problem for us since Rom and have not been good enough to create space to receive. Works both ways really. I know it is a stat but at least Gomes is always looking for a forward ball but he will need help for them to be productive. We get a good striker and it will be obvious that Bernards and Gomes productivity rise along with the other players. Currently our main objective is to bring the wide players and full backs into play because clever movement is at a premium when we attempt to play through the middle.

You have a good point about it applying to other players too. The reason I focus on them is because they have the ability to change games if they're both playing with confidence and are used in a setup that suits their game.

Hopefully a combination of man management and coaching can get the best out of both players as I think they're capable of stepping up a level, unlike some of our other players.

It's more a compliment to them than a criticism but if we want to make top 6 we need to have more players chipping in with goals.

I agree, a quality striker will help them as well as others.

Mr critiques for Gomes would be few and far between to be honest, I was generally impressed with him last season

He can improve further certainly, and there's nothing wrong with saying that, but all in all I'm happy we signed him

I do think some people go a bit OTT in tearing down people for criticising their favourite players sometimes

Don't get me wrong, sometimes people are unfair with it and should be challenged, but I don't think enough people on here are capable of telling the difference between a fair critique and an unfair one, and that's why you get arguments

None of our players are above being criticised. We're outside the Top Six looking in for a reason

I will say this about Gomes, I think Gana compliments him really well

Gana is dedicated to his role of being the defensive mid and that frees up Gomes to take more risks

There's a belief I think that a midfield partnership has to be two similar players, but I think there's something to be said for two different styled players complimenting each other and bringing different things to the table from one another

Status
Not open for further replies.