2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

That stamp was naughty but could of done it in the first half while mitrovic was running our defence senseless. That being said he has probably just finished his season early as I would be very surprised if he didn’t get 3-5 game ban for that was naughty

I note MOTD tactfully had Ian Wright highlight and assess this ubiquitous type of play that occurs in all games world-wide. Not condoning, but it’s not unusual, so why?

I note MOTD tactfully had Ian Wright highlight and assess this ubiquitous type of play that occurs in all games world-wide. Not condoning, but it’s not unusual, so why?

It was a bad challenge and may draw retrospective punishment so they're going to cover it as a talking point.

Can't condone it, but a bit of spite in a midfield player isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as its channelled effectively.

Fair play to him for trying today.

Pity Gana and Sigurdsson let the opposition have a free run through the middle.
You are nuts. Gomes was invisible. The fact that he got credited with a single tackle or interception today was actually GENEROUS. He was so easily bypassed in midfield, it truly was like he wasn't there.

And if he's not going to contribute defensively, it would be soooooo nice if he created more chances. 1 key pass every 5 games isn't enough. He's so much like Barkley, holds the ball, always on it, except even less productive.

We need to be better in CM, Sigurdsson needs to be better. But Gomes is our key player to transition from defense to offense. He wasn't good enough yesterday.

You are nuts. Gomes was invisible. The fact that he got credited with a single tackle or interception today was actually GENEROUS. He was so easily bypassed in midfield, it truly was like he wasn't there.

And if he's not going to contribute defensively, it would be soooooo nice if he created more chances. 1 key pass every 5 games isn't enough. He's so much like Barkley, holds the ball, always on it, except even less productive.

We need to be better in CM, Sigurdsson needs to be better. But Gomes is our key player to transition from defense to offense. He wasn't good enough yesterday.

Head and shoulders above Barkley, far superior player

Totally lost me here, Gomes had the ball multiple times in the centre and neither Gana or the anonymous Sigurdsson even showed for him.

Who is he supposed to make chances for exactly with Sigurdsson in front of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.