2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sort of nonsense is perhaps why we hang on to players longer than we should, where other teams would be far more ruthless.

Andre Gomes has had as many bad games for us as he has good, if not more.

In that case, why do you consider him a quality Footballer going through a bad patch? Rather than an average player who had a purple patch?

Otherwise known as “The Osman Rule”
To be honest with you i did say both were possibilities. My only answer is I prefer to see the good in a player rather than the bad. I'm quite happy for others to differ,

To repeat the oft repeated mantra, he is far fom being the biggest problem we have got. I can think of some who I don't want to see in an Everton shirt again.

To repeat the oft repeated mantra, he is far fom being the biggest problem we have got. I can think of some who I don't want to see in an Everton shirt again.
I think he's one of our biggest problems to be honest. There are many, many worse players in the squad than him don't get me wrong, but his inability to dictate a game in the way he was early in the season is a huge problem for us. Our style of play (such as it is) relies on having someone in the middle of the pitch getting on the ball and bossing it, and he's fallen way short of that in recent months.

I think he's one of our biggest problems to be honest. There are many, many worse players in the squad than him don't get me wrong, but his inability to dictate a game in the way he was early in the season is a huge problem for us. Our style of play (such as it is) relies on having someone in the middle of the pitch getting on the ball and bossing it, and he's fallen way short of that in recent months.
He played no pre season for Barca come straight to us injured and we've played him every game even through that terrible Christmas period, He's probably knackered.

I don't think he is a problem at all. If we had the forward players making intelligent runs or even dropping off to collect rather than sticking with the man who is marking him then you would see more opportunities to dictate the ball and set up. Our forwards are our problem at the moment along with set pieces

He was the second coming when he first entered the scene 'rolls royce' of a player. Looked to be the next Arteta but unfortunately complacency has crept in across the whole team him included.
Hopefully the rest will have done him good and he stops giving the ball away so cheaply. Far from the biggest problem though but rocket up the arse needed.

All that's happened is that his quality has been quickly recognised by other managers and they have acted accordingly in making sure he's continually pressed in the middle of the park. That's why he goes deeper and deeper as a game progresses, to escape the intensity and speed of play in the middle of the park.

Barca needing to sell players to generate funds for the summer, sounds like there is a good chance we can sign Gomes if we want him. Still not quite convinced 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.