2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be nearer half that
He’s worth 50 m but we won’t be paying anything like that amount
Well that depends on whether we go for him in Jan or the summer. Because if he keeps playing the way he has between now and the summer it drives his stock up as there will be more people in for him

Barca cant even put in a buy back option which they love to do as the fans dont want him back. I can see Barca using the whole "there's been other interest" card & my fear is that there actually will be.

Barca cant even put in a buy back option which they love to do as the fans dont want him back. I can see Barca using the whole "there's been other interest" card & my fear is that there actually will be.
Ofc there will be. I think its naive to think he’ll come cheap. Barca will know how much he is worth to us, and know we can pay more than 25mill. His buyout clause is close to a 100million, Id be shocked if we get him for less than 50. Only guessing, but getting him for less than Barca payed for him, even if they dont need/want him, doesnt sound like modern football to me. If he comes, Im guessing he’ll be our new record signing.

Well that depends on whether we go for him in Jan or the summer. Because if he keeps playing the way he has between now and the summer it drives his stock up as there will be more people in for him
And if Gomes says it’s Everton or no one what will Barca do
Take him back ?
Loan him to us for another season ?
They will have to deal with us and if they get their money back they will be thrilled

Spurs scout at the derby match.
No worries.

upscout.png

In my experience if Gomes wants to play here and we want him a deal will be struck. Barcelona will want to have some control so instead of a buy back they will probably just ask for a percentage of any profit we make. I imagine the fee will be at least their money back plus a little extra so £35-40 million. I would be happy at this as he is a good age so we could either get 8 seasons out of him or we can sell him on in a few years if our system changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.