2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it takes very available shilling we have left in the kitty to sign him, do it.

He is world class. Best player I've seen wear an Everton jersey since I started following the Blues 5-6 years ago.

Of course Carvalho is a DM...like you wrote, not a ball winner. Capoue and Doucoure would alternate from time to time like Viera/Petit with one going forward and the other (capoue mostly) hanging back.

I think Silva would LOVE another box to box player on top of Gomes so he can alternate between DM/CM. As for Ndombele or another of that ilk...i think Gana would go for £30mil maybe a little more...

We would just need to find the additional.

Yeah, but we aren't selling Gana and another one like NDombele would be like 50-60M. We sneak into the Europa league and show progress, though, our options open up a bit.

Spot on about Capoue and Doucoure. Capoue was a bit more the defensive one however, much like Petit was vs. Viera.

Apparently he wants to stay. I know footballers are in effect mercenaries but he looks to have bought into the club and the city pretty well.

We have to sign him, simple as.

Barcelona have given the number 21 shirt worn by Gomes to Carles Elena.
That isn't at all surprising as La Liga rules mandate the 25 man squad be numbered 1-25 so they can't really hold the number for him like we occasionally do for loanees. Not that I think he's going back or anything but I wouldn't read into the number thing.

Anything in the region of 30m would be a snip. You just have to look how effortlessly he’s come into the side after injury. Then compare that with other signings in the same position in the summer who cost large sums like Fred, Fabinho and Keita. Non of which have got close to the level of performance that Gomes has.

Anything in the region of 30m would be a snip. You just have to look how effortlessly he’s come into the side after injury. Then compare that with other signings in the same position in the summer who cost large sums like Fred, Fabinho and Keita. Non of which have got close to the level of performance that Gomes has.

As I’ve said before if Gomes tells Barca to get a deal done with Everton as I’m not going anywhere else we are in the driving seat regarding fees
It’ll be 25/27 m tops

As I’ve said before if Gomes tells Barca to get a deal done with Everton as I’m not going anywhere else we are in the driving seat regarding fees
It’ll be 25/27 m tops
I see the times are saying that Everton are hoping to use Gomes desire to stay at Everton to drive the price down
It’s like they read this forum for ideas lol

I seen some crank on Twitter laughing at how people could want him when we are linked with N'Dombele. He also said he hadn't done that much and hasn't made a difference. The mad thing is people were agreeing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.