Ancelotti - fans expectation.

Your expectation of Ancelotti

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for:
Astonishing improvement immediately, followed by cups and title challenges.

Expecting:
A) Ancellotti gets pissed off with Kenwright sticking his oar in.
B) Ancellotti has lost his mojo. Gets himself fired & pockets a massive wedge.

Are we mathematically out of this season's title race? If not - win the league.
Obviously win the FA Cup.
Carry on in that vein next season - win loads of trophies and redefine the term 'Everton, that' to mean amazingly good luck.

Whatever length his contract is it will take that long to purge the deadwood that the last few managers have been stockpiling not expecting miracles here
i just hope he has us competing again while the club sorts itself out

Honestly, I have no expectations. Let's just take it game by game and see incremental improvement. If we play well and with a bit of RS-style luck, the position in the table will reflect that.
I'm not sure what to expect, and I'm wary of expecting much, given the spate of huge letdowns the last few seasons have brought.

What I hope for is that Ancelotti will at the minimum complete his full 4 1/2 year contract.

If he does that, it should mean that stability has been restored and stability with progression.

By the end of next season, if we haven't qualified for at least the Europa League, and I wouldn't "expect" more, then that would be a big disappointment.

It would actually also be nice to progress in Europe if we qualified given the comparative strength of the PL compared to other leagues.

Beyond that if we could emulate Spurs and gatecrash the elite band of clubs and find a way to more or less stay there - I would be very happy indeed.

So, I guess, yes it means Europe every season with a reformed squad and a realistic tilt at Champions League qualification sometime before his contract is due to end - I don't know how long that would realistically be expected to take, maybe at least two if not three full seasons.

I would take any success but for me it has to be built on the premise of sustainability and stability, if we manage to crawl upwards and reach the elite then we have to be there to stay without it being a random flash in the pan.

Ancelotti has to rebuild almost eveything at the club because the mindset and approach is entirely geared towards mediocrity.
Guys these sensible posts make it obvious to me that you're not taking the festive season seriously, chill out. get some drink down your necks.

This isn't a short term project. It can't be. The team has various problems that need fixing. Sure, Ancelotti will be given money to work with. But we're not Bayern Munich - he can't just waltz in and start winning trophies. This is a different kind of challenge for him.

This season, from where we are, I'll take mid table obscurity. Next season, I want to see a team that are serious contenders for top six. If Ancelotti is still here in 3 years time, I want to see a team that's playing regular European football and contenders for silverware.

I've a feeling that he may be here in 3 years time, you know why ? For him, failing is not an option. So he'll want to see this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.