American Blues NBC Coverage Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are going to be paying more for less coverage...

When did Trump takeover NBC?
1gahzp.jpg

So basically they are saying if you want to watch every game now, you have to subscribe to a provider who has NBC Sports, AND pay $50. Great.
If its because they just think they can milk it, I hate them, and they are probably right. However, if its because they paid too much for the rights and its their only way to cover costs to still provide all of the games, Id gladly pay it. I just dont like feeling like im being fleeced, and then lied to about this "great new service" that is far worse than it was.

Basically they're making you pay $50 for Extra Time, and you don't even know how many times a year you'll need it because if your game is moved for British TV then it will be on NBC or NBCSN anyway.

Unfortunately this will be a necessity for us because they'll default to Chelsea or United or whoever in the 10:00 Saturday window, leaving us off the air. And we'll also need it for games rescheduled to Sunday on Europa weeks.

You might wanna look at how you're connected to the interwebverse...I've perfectly streamed games on a 4G tether through my phone.

My internet is very good, it needs to be bc I work from home often and we tried the chord cutting experiment. honestly, it wasn't that bad. Netflix obviously works great and WatchESPN and Fox have good streams to watch some sports.
The SOLE reason we gave back in and just got Directv was the Premier League games can be so laggy and freeze up to ten times a match some weeks.
If you had to rely on the app every week for your sole option you'd be as livid as I am.

So basically they are saying if you want to watch every game now, you have to subscribe to a provider who has NBC Sports, AND pay $50. Great.
If its because they just think they can milk it, I hate them, and they are probably right. However, if its because they paid too much for the rights and its their only way to cover costs to still provide all of the games, Id gladly pay it. I just dont like feeling like im being fleeced, and then lied to about this "great new service" that is far worse than it was.

No you do not need a provider. Its $50 for to access their app and website and stream the extra time games. Whatever games they are streaming that is.

NBC and NBC Sport will only play the chosen few games. The big ones they say

No you do not need a provider. Its $50 for to access their app and website and stream the extra time games. Whatever games they are streaming that is.

Thats just it, you DO need a provider if you want to see all of the games, because the games from the provider, and the games on the $50 plan are different. So unlike the past, unless you are happy to miss games you have to subscribe to both.

Thats just it, you DO need a provider if you want to see all of the games, because the games from the provider, and the games on the $50 plan are different. So unlike the past, unless you are happy to miss games you have to subscribe to both.

I see what your saying yes your right. I thought you meant you needed a subscriber for the pass. Good point.

but you need a provider to get NBC sports or MSNBC or USA or whatever other channel they show the games on. (with the exception of NBC)
Edit.. oops, sorry man, point already made.

Does anyone remember our TV schedule a couple of years ago when we were in Europe? Weren't we more likely to be on the regular NBC channels because we played on Sundays.

Does anyone remember our TV schedule a couple of years ago when we were in Europe? Weren't we more likely to be on the regular NBC channels because we played on Sundays.

Quite the opposite, actually. A lot of games ended up on Extra Time because there was a "better" game that had already been moved for TV. Usually one of the damp squib Sky vs. Sky matchups that ended 1-1 and made everyone sad.

I'm ok with it. The price is only $50.
It is this year. But I'm sure this will gravitate to $100.00 in no time perhaps two to three years. Reel you in as they know the true fan can't live without it. Especially us stateside that can't visit Goodison regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.