Amature

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were unlucky. Unlucky not to be up by more than one at HT, unlucky to have two goals disallowed. Our defending/goalkeeping was naive at times (for the second successive game), but that doesn't expell luck from the scenario.

Your point wasn't missed, so please remove your bone from my chin x

What's all this bone and chin business ?

Oh yeah i forgot about the corner thing. Its bad enough we do that but unless i'm mistaken when we defended one at the Park end last night did we actually have all 11 men back but not actually have a man on each post? Surely that can't be right and i was(nt) seeing things?

Not sure, the biggest issue with it is the lack of an outlet. If a defender gets the ball then he either has to punt it out for a throw in or hoof the ball down the park, both of which recycle posession to them. Winds me right up, it's schoolboy stuff.

Not sure, the biggest issue with it is the lack of an outlet. If a defender gets the ball then he either has to punt it out for a throw in or hoof the ball down the park, both of which recycle posession to them. Winds me right up, it's schoolboy stuff.

Annoying as we have Mirallas there who can run like the clappers but he's back for the corner. sigh.

Quite a few people are mentioning that Moyes should have noticed some obvious tactical issues and acted. Fair play.

But I'm of the opinion Moyes sees these problems but instead if making changes, he expects the players to up their game as quite simply they know what to do and what is expected.

What we don't see is the backlash after the game.

I reckon our defence got a right non physical going over at the end of the match by Moyes in the dressing room. By Evertons standards, conceding that equaliser was simply not acceptable. Don't think that it's only us on here that think that.

That's all I can think of.

Not sure I should say this, but will anyway.

Newcastle had a corner in the 2nd half and Mirallas stood on the halfway line, that was untill Moist waved his arms and made him go back.

Oh David.

Quite a few people are mentioning that Moyes should have noticed some obvious tactical issues and acted. Fair play.

But I'm of the opinion Moyes sees these problems but instead if making changes, he expects the players to up their game as quite simply they know what to do and what is expected.

I reckon our defence got a right non physical going over at the end of the match by Moyes in the dressing room. By Evertons standards, conceding that equaliser was simply not acceptable. Don't think that it's only us on here that think that.

Moist even said this in his pre-match interview, his words were something like "We dont concede goals like that at Everton", you can be damn sure he told the players this.

It annoys me as well. However it would be interesting to see how many goals we concede from corners compared to other teams, and as well goals socred on the break from defending corners.

I ain't having that mate sorry. He can shout as much as he wants after the players have made mistakes but there's nothing he can do to change it or stop them happening in the future.

Well, except changing how we were playing and who was playing to try and combat the cause of those mistakes : Newcastle defenders having too much time to play the long ball and Jags and Distin having to deal with Ba and Cisse by themselves.

What steps did Moyes take to counteract Newcastle going 4-4-2? Sure, you can see how it goers for a bit before making a change but after seeing they were having a lot of joy with long balls thats when a manager needs to at least even try to change it up to combat it.

Sure, he couldn't do anything about individual mistakes, but he can do things to stop players being in the position to make them. Those mistakes were made last night from not dealing with 2 strikers.

Why?

It was all route one to fellaini for long periods last night, our best chances came down the sides via Pienaar and Kev, once they get going we will be tasty.

i cannot believe as soon as that anichebe goal was scored in the 88th min he did not get johnny on from the kick off resort to 5 at the back and drag neville off

distin is a good player,we just never sat back when we should of..neville should not play! johny should be in his spot,then if we needed to sit back,we would have 3 CBs and it would of worked out.lines man needs shooting.

It was all route one to fellaini for long periods last night, our best chances came down the sides via Pienaar and Kev, once they get going we will be tasty.

This. It was so predictable and easy to nullify the threat of Fellaini. Straight swap of Osman for Fellaini would've been a lot better and seen us play better football and not just punting it long to Fellaini. Pienaar and Mirallas looked good, even if both of them could do with being a little less selfish when there are players in better positions than themselves to take a shot.

As for the topic of the thread, it was a pathetic way to concede a goal. Route 1 goals should never occur, that blame lies with the defence. Strikers should never have a finish as easy as that, EVER. That blame lies with Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.