2023/24 Amadou Onana

Looking at Gibbs-white, I can’t help but thought we signed the wrong player.
Decent amount of goals and far more hardworking.
Different types of player, but fully agree. MGW has been a stand-out player in a pretty poor Forest team and looks like he could easily step into a Top Six level side (if he was already at a "sky six" club he'd be in the England squad no doubt).

And we've got this plodder. Was man of the match against Azerbijan Rovers about four months ago which people cite as evidence for his 'potential' or 'high ceiling' which just seem to be buzz words have the time because he wears a blue shirt so anonymous performances get glossed over.

Still, tis Everton. We could probably have De Bruyne in the side and find a way to turn him into Carlton Pogba quicker than you could say "whats Li Tie up to these days"...

I can't stand him,he offers zilch,for a big lad he is a bit of a in old sunday League terms "fanny merchant", can't impose himself and dominate a game,either overhits/underhits passes, Burnley apart, woeful aerially,always looks to me like he is looking for an excuse to get off the pitch,shooting is abysmal and yeah,i can't forgive him his penalty against Fulham,any opportunity we have to at least recoup our dough I'd take and reinvest.

Different types of player, but fully agree. MGW has been a stand-out player in a pretty poor Forest team and looks like he could easily step into a Top Six level side (if he was already at a "sky six" club he'd be in the England squad no doubt).

And we've got this plodder. Was man of the match against Azerbijan Rovers about four months ago which people cite as evidence for his 'potential' or 'high ceiling' which just seem to be buzz words have the time because he wears a blue shirt so anonymous performances get glossed over.

Still, tis Everton. We could probably have De Bruyne in the side and find a way to turn him into Carlton Pogba quicker than you could say "whats Li Tie up to these days"...

Was that summer 2022 the interest in Gibbs White? I remember Brennan Johnson was getting linked around the same time and Forest would've sold him if they'd not got promoted.

I thought Onana was coming off first half with the knock he took, amazed he lasted the full game in the end considering Gomes was running the show just 7 days ago.

Was that summer 2022 the interest in Gibbs White? I remember Brennan Johnson was getting linked around the same time and Forest would've sold him if they'd not got promoted.

I thought Onana was coming off first half with the knock he took, amazed he lasted the full game in the end considering Gomes was running the show just 7 days ago.
I think the MGW links were in the summer window ahead of starting the season with Lampard if I recall correctly. Johnson is another player I highly rate and would have liked, but both go on the long list of good players Everton have missed out on over the years.

Reported missing last seen entering molineux.. but no seriously.
I’ve seen some liken him or mention viera and Yaya Toure, a few good games aside he’s been pretty poor. I just don’t see him as being anywhere near as important in our side as Branthwaite. Another 18 months I think we will see a much better player but as of now he’s not doing it for me, I’d take a profit on him now if anyone’s genuinely interested.

Reported missing last seen entering molineux.. but no seriously.
I’ve seen some liken him or mention viera and Yaya Toure, a few good games aside he’s been pretty poor. I just don’t see him as being anywhere near as important in our side as Branthwaite. Another 18 months I think we will see a much better player but as of now he’s not doing it for me, I’d take a profit on him now if anyone’s genuinely interested.
I don't think turning a profit will be that easy. We paid a lot and reportedly have a sell on clause to pay if he goes. I don't see much interest at those prices.

I don't think turning a profit will be that easy. We paid a lot and reportedly have a sell on clause to pay if he goes. I don't see much interest at those prices.
No I don’t either hence why I said genuinely interested been talk but that’s all it is. Not sure anyone beyond some of our fans see him as a world beater I’ve been very disappointed with him not sure if that’s due to some of the hype/over reaction to how good he actually is or the sub par performances I’ve seen from him.

I think the MGW links were in the summer window ahead of starting the season with Lampard if I recall correctly. Johnson is another player I highly rate and would have liked, but both go on the long list of good players Everton have missed out on over the years.
There was a rumour believe it or not, that it was That close he was nearly on the plane for the USA tour. At the time wolves kept saying they weren’t selling. Maybe we should have just waited

Plodder. Perfect description

Everyone is so short sighted here. Before the Fulham game he put together a run of at least 6 or 7 good games. I think his progression has been steady and for some reason he’s one of the scapegoats on here.

Everyone here is ignorant to the fact that he’s 22

There was a rumour believe it or not, that it was That close he was nearly on the plane for the USA tour. At the time wolves kept saying they weren’t selling. Maybe we should have just waited
Who knows. Forest paid about £35-40m was it for him? I doubt we had the money to offer up front, and the Onana deal was one would could agree a structure on, so thats what we did. MGW is just another player that goes on the long "one that got away" list.