2023/24 Amadou Onana

Doesn't matter ffs.

Someone was bound to fk up. Fair play to him for standing up to take the pen

If he'd of scored, and we went through, we'd be waxing his arse.

No need for some of the crap he's receiving on here. Thought we were better than this, especially the sihte we are going through

Come on Blues ffs

I mean, it clearly does matter or do we not exist to try and win trophies? If there was ever a time for a footballer to receive criticism it's after a penalty like that. Dyche has probably already given him worse than anything in this thread.

Of course he will be.

He's been brilliant this season. So let's not get all weird about it.

He shouldn't have done what he did. But he shouldn't have been taking that penalty - that's on the manager/Woan who picked the list and the captain for not stepping up and taking pen number 5.

Pickford also let's the easiest save of the lot through his hands for their winning one. And Everton were pretty poor all game - should have done more to avoid needing pens.

We didn't play very well either and didn't create enough to win in 90

But we still had that chance to win it at that moment so it's a sore one to take. You don't usually get 2 chances to win a shootout and they didn't give us another one.

Of course he will be.

He's been brilliant this season. So let's not get all weird about it.

He shouldn't have done what he did. But he shouldn't have been taking that penalty - that's on the manager/Woan who picked the list and the captain for not stepping up and taking pen number 5.

Pickford also let's the easiest save of the lot through his hands for their winning one. And Everton were pretty poor all game - should have done more to avoid needing pens.
Blaming Pickford and sympathy for Onana?

No mate.

To be honest the way this was being talked about on the match thread I was expecting worse. He's obviously thinking he'll give the goalie the eyes to the normal side for a right footer and then put it safely in the other side. The keeper is very experienced and didn't buy it so it looks awful and I doubt he'll try it again.
The only way it could have been worse was if it hadn’t even had enough power to cross the line without a goalie, and it barely made it as it was!

We didn't play very well either and didn't create enough to win in 90

But we still had that chance to win it at that moment so it's a sore one to take. You don't usually get 2 chances to win a shootout and they didn't give us another one.
Absolutely agree mate. I'm very angry with him. He was stupid. I'm also fuming with Tark and the coaches. Your captain should take that penalty, because he'd have know it just needed smashing down the middle.

Don't buy this. There's effing up then there's blatant arrogance. It's exactly the sort of behaviour we're working so hard to try to get rid of and improve as a team.

I'm not saying hold a grudge against him, not saying not to support him next game - but that was wildly unprofessional tonight. Not the same thing as a mistake.
Ok, silly mistakes.

But doesn't deserve half the crap he gets most of the time.

If at any point, we need to sell, I bet half the fan base would call him out as one of the most valuable assets. Some might not agree, but he is.

It was a lottery as another posted.

Whats more important right now is to keep the spirit and to show the PL the two fingers at the end of the season.

Tbf Dyche was probably thinking he could do without a cup run this year, so while he won’t be happy with (considering he doesn’t even like modern goal celebrations) I suspect he will leave it to the changing room to sort out.
He very much will, and I'm sure it will be addressed.

I'd also be taking a look at myself if I was Tarkowski. I'll keep banging on about it - no way he should be letting anybody but him take that penalty in that situation.