2023/24 Amadou Onana

the thing is nerves can get the better of people in different ways. 22 years old taking a penalty to get your team into a cup semi. Not sure how I'd take a penalty tbh.
You'd smash it if you were overly nervous.

He thought more about himself than he did about Everton in this moment - IMO.

Disagree with that Mike, I think he wears his heart on his sleeve and that will sting him because he is an extrovert and he's been embarrassed in public. Hopefully he learns and becomes bigger from that, I personally think he will, time will tell.
I tend to agree with this.

I think he'll take this miss to heart. It will also depend on how the dressing room treats it. I think they'll be like hey man, you made a mistake, we're gonna stick with you, but you realize what that cost the rest of the team - you let us down with that effort. Tough love and leadership, like

I can’t even work out what he was trying to do. Is he just hoping the keeper flings himself the other way?

Yes. He’s not attempted some hard to achieve piece of magic, he just thinks that looking in the opposite direction is guaranteed to send the keeper the wrong way, and therefore no power was required and he could just pass the ball into the net.

It’s a really dumb move!

Dyche will hammer him but he won’t care will he, he thinks he’s gonna be at PSG this time next year doing the griddy with Mbappe.
Look, he's absolutely cocked up. It happens. But Everton didn't really deserve to go through either. Should probably have done more against FULHAM at home in the 90 mins.

He should never, ever be taking that 5th pen. And why Tarkowski didn't insist on being that 5th penalty taker is beyond me.

Your captain should always take a penalty.

A Paul Pogba penalty with a

You'd smash it if you gave a shabite.

He thought more about himself than he did about Everton in this moment - IMO.

Yup. Which is disgraceful and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped.

Either way, I've got trust in Dyche he'll deal with it the way he sees best. He'll obviously be furious.

We might get a snivelling social media apology, we might not, it doesn't matter. Either way, all I'm bothered about is how he plays going forward.

I tend to agree with this.

I think he'll take this miss to heart. It will also depend on how the dressing room treats it. I think they'll be like hey man, you made a mistake, we're gonna stick with you, but you realize what that cost the rest of the team - you let us down with that effort. Tough love and leadership, like
I reckon Dyche rinses him myself, and probably fair dues too, but then move forward, he's got some unity going at the club, I think everyone in it will be upset at anything they do to let their team mates down, which hasn't been the case in the last few seasons.

I reckon he'll be gutted. He will have known straight away that it was a big mistake to use that run up.
Of course he will be.

He's been brilliant this season. So let's not get all weird about it.

He shouldn't have done what he did. But he shouldn't have been taking that penalty - that's on the manager/Woan who picked the list and the captain for not stepping up and taking pen number 5.

Pickford also let's the easiest save of the lot through his hands for their winning one. And Everton were pretty poor all game - should have done more to avoid needing pens.

Look, he's absolutely cocked up. It happens. But Everton didn't really deserve to go through either. Should probably have done more against FULHAM at home in the 90 mins.

He should never, ever be taking that 5th pen. And why Tarkowski didn't insist on being that 5th penalty taker is beyond me.

Your captain should always take a penalty.
Tarks did take a pen