2023/24 Amadou Onana

Anonymous largely today. Crazy he’s so big but didn’t put in any big tackles or use his size a bit. Passing could also have been better. (Yes I know he was booked early and no I don’t want him crucified and yes I think he’s a good player). Could also do with shooting practice
He hit some lovely cross field diagnol passes today and I don't remember him giving the ball away much. People honestly expect a scholes highlights real everytime he plays

He hit some lovely cross field diagnol passes today and I don't remember him giving the ball away much. People honestly expect a scholes highlights real everytime he plays
Let's be realistic here.
We all know he's looking for a move to a bigger more successful club. Using us as a platform to do so is understandable but will never endear himself to our fanbase unless he puts in more consistent above average performances.

Let's be realistic here.
We all know he's looking for a move to a bigger more successful club. Using us as a platform to do so is understandable but will never endear himself to our fanbase unless he puts in more consistent above average performances.
Every single player is doing the same thing. He played really well this season. A big step up on last season. Playing centre midfield in the premier league is hard.

Every single player is doing the same thing. He played really well this season. A big step up on last season. Playing centre midfield in the premier league is hard.
If he used his energy in closing players down and making space to receive the ball, instead of pointing to where the ball should go and being our cheerleader…. We may have a player that can perform and be a success for us.
Unfortunately we are getting 5/10 performances out of him and these need to be a minimum of 7/10, he is young and can improve…..all down to himself though

Some say Onana went missing yesterday. Inconspicuous isn't necessarily bad. I'll tell you who was conspicuous yesterday - Harrison. Outside of a sweet pass and one drilled shot, he was conspicuously poor.

If he used his energy in closing players down and making space to receive the ball, instead of pointing to where the ball should go and being our cheerleader…. We may have a player that can perform and be a success for us.
Unfortunately we are getting 5/10 performances out of him and these need to be a minimum of 7/10, he is young and can improve…..all down to himself though
He'd doing what the manager tells him to do. If he hairs off out of position during the press or to receive possession he leaves a gaping hole in midfield. From the moment Gomez came on we dominated the game and despite us committing players forward and pressing Tottenham found it very hard to play through us and only stretched us a couple of times. We won the ball back high up on multiple occasions and we also passed through their press quite easily. That's down to Garner and Onana knowing how to play midfield. It's the side of the game the stats boys don't pick up and don't notice. Onana has improved massively since last year and there is more to come. Garner has also stepped up massively in recent weeks. I think they both believe they can hold their own against most sides in the league.

He'd doing what the manager tells him to do. If he hairs off out of position during the press or to receive possession he leaves a gaping hole in midfield. From the moment Gomez came on we dominated the game and despite us committing players forward and pressing Tottenham found it very hard to play through us and only stretched us a couple of times. We won the ball back high up on multiple occasions and we also passed through their press quite easily. That's down to Garner and Onana knowing how to play midfield. It's the side of the game the stats boys don't pick up and don't notice. Onana has improved massively since last year and there is more to come. Garner has also stepped up massively in recent weeks. I think they both believe they can hold their own against most sides in the league.
Partnerships are key all over the pitch and they have a very good one.

Don't you know if they aren't playing silky through balls, scoring blammos or waltzing past 5 defenders then they aren't really contributing???

/s

Thought he was a solid 7/10 again yesterday
Apart from not being dangerous consistently from set pieces given his athleticism and height and the dodgy pen last week he’s been great all season
He got slaughtered in most player ratings purely because him and Gana were not awake in the build up to both goals, but you could add about 5 other players to that list.

Don’t think he will ever win me over fully, wrong club at very wrong time for his development here. But last season he was often anonymous or quiet due to being lazy, not tracking and just a lack of involvement. Think the games he’s gone unnoticed this year are more because he’s done the basics and kept things ticking. It’s a good base. In time he needs to (and probably will) add back some flair, fire and explosiveness. They all look a bit out of sorts as soon as they need to adjust to Doucoure’s absence.

He got slaughtered in most player ratings purely because him and Gana were not awake in the build up to both goals, but you could add about 5 other players to that list.

Don’t think he will ever win me over fully, wrong club at very wrong time for his development here. But last season he was often anonymous or quiet due to being lazy, not tracking and just a lack of involvement. Think the games he’s gone unnoticed this year are more because he’s done the basics and kept things ticking. It’s a good base. In time he needs to (and probably will) add back some flair, fire and explosiveness. They all look a bit out of sorts as soon as they need to adjust to Doucoure’s absence.
I think he’s been a different player this season. Apart from Dyche’s very first game he was average at best last season but his levels have been far higher this season and I’ve been impressed that someone so young can win battles in the premier league the way he does.