2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dermot there showing the world why the officiating in this country is not up to scratch.

Love to know what they would say if it was Onana making the tackle on Van Dyke, I swear Klopp would have been calling for heads to roll, the ref would have shown a red card on the pitch cause Lord know who are well to be fouling the great Van Dyke and the media would be calling for the return of public execution! The bias is unreal in football now.

Not sure who the Sky presenter stood next to him is but his expression was like "are you effing kidding me, Dermot"
he was perplexed with Dermot’s “explanation” of the Coady offside as well - i’m not sure if he is just playing the role of opposition as part of some premeditated narrative or whether he was genuinely astounded by the complexity of these rules but either way it was nice to see somebody further question that useless bald oaf

Dermot there showing the world why the officiating in this country is not up to scratch.

The standard of reffing will never improve until dinosaurs like Gallagher are banished to the netherworld. Every week they go on TV and defend their decisions and make change very difficult.

Also, I wish they'd stop talking about "intent" and "malice". Not only is it impossible to substantiate, it's utterly irrelevant.

I do agree but we say that about literally every young player after having a couple of games, Browning was destined for the World Cup on here after a handful of games.
He will definitely benefit from playing with Gueye, as I think he will allow him to make them forward runs.
I know what you’re saying and we’ve definitely overrated players before but it’s clear Onana has what it takes to play at the very highest level if he keeps building on these early performances, where some other lads had just shown glimpses, he’s showed full 90 minutes against tough opposition.

The little bit i have seen of him i like , i dont think he needs much coaching.He seems to see his mistakes and rectifies himself on the pitch ,he is learning all the time , and with the experience we have at the back and midfield he will learn quickly , but at the same time be protected.

We will never get the headlines here… all this orange talk is nonsense. She had it right, it’s a leg breaker, it doesn’t even matter if there was intent or not. It is bad timing, but that’s where injuries occur, it could’ve put him out for 12 months. So I think it’s Onana that is lucky tbf.

Shoe was on the other foot, we all know the outcome. It’s just poor.

Your man there with the glasses on the Baines wannabe, can’t decide it’s an orange, but VD was lucky….. if he was ‘lucky’ then he is really saying he should be sent off.

It’s as clear as day!

Idiots.

The standard of reffing will never improve until dinosaurs like Gallagher are banished to the netherworld. Every week they go on TV and defend their decisions and make change very difficult.

Also, I wish they'd stop talking about "intent" and "malice". Not only is it impossible to substantiate, it's utterly irrelevant.
Don’t disagree. I think the impossible to substantiate element is everything though.

I’ve had Viera in my head for days. Nothing to do with skin colour

He’s strong (and as his frame fills out, only going to get get stronger), goes in hard but can also prise the ball away, nice range of pass plus a forward ball forefront in his mind, bounces up after a nasty challenge. I think he’s going to be world class in a couple of years

What a blustering buffoon, with Warnock as his wingman.
The Schar tackle isn’t really like it either, that was side on and wasn’t studs up.
Guarantee someone will get a serious injury from a similar ‘tackle’ in the next few weeks and then it will be classed as different again because some clown will determine the impact was greater or some other nonsense.
Absolute shower of dangers.
Sue Smith had it right, a leg breaker in slightly different circumstances.

until there is an admission from the PGMOL that they are getting things wrong on the pitch (not necessarily just VAR), things wont change. If they cant see that there is bias towards some clubs, they cant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.