2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed performance, I don’t think he really stamped authority on the game in the engine room, thought the game passed him by in there, didn’t track their midfield runners well, loads to work on.Didn’t like himlooseing pocession and going down, he put us under real pressure a better team will punish you.

That said for a 15 min spell he created absolute havoc in their box with his height, presence and power, without him we aren’t scoring twice.
Agree with that. I like that there seem to be multiple aspects to his game, be it primarily defensive intervention, or ball carrying or as you have said in the air today.

There were a couple of opportunities to put Maupay through today where he slightly overhit the pass, he needs to keep trying that too, been so long since I've seen a midfielder for us look to put it straight through to the strikers feet

I’d say, for me, he’s been a bit in and out in every game he’s played. Only glimpses of potential here and there.

But at 6ft 5, with his physical abilities, there’s massive potential there. He’s a mobile 6”5 with decent technical ability.

But he needs to find a role in that three man midfield and express his qualities. Not end up being an auxiliary target man when we need to go long/direct. It’s early days, I’m sure that will come.

Amazing slide tackler too, I must say, even with his weaker foot. Nowhere near as clumsy as Fellaini in his first year here, defensively and in terms of reliability.

Going to be a massive player for us
And also will bring us a massive transfer fee in a couple of seasons time

This boy has it all and will be a elite level player in a few seasons time

Brilliant business getting him in enjoy watching him develop under lampard sadly he will outgrow us
No reason for him to leave with us playing in the Champions League at our new stadium.

Way I’m seeing it (maybe next season or one thereafter) is Onana taking more the Gana role with Garner being our box to box. I’m not seeing a real ability from Onana in front of goal .. maybe it’s there just needs some work..

Would love to see these two operating together ..

Raw talent and the first signing in years that genuinely could surpass expectations. He’s 21, played a handful of Prem games and already doesn’t look out of his depth. Don’t expect Viera by the end of the season, but hopefully the world is his lobster! (Sorry)

He’s still a young lad and will have ups and downs deffo a player there ! But as I always say! if you buy someone with height or pace even if they play poorly that still have that ! And can be a threat !

Status
Not open for further replies.