2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to accept his rawness and be boom and bust performance wise for a bit, but the lid has it all.

Honestly mate I'm not seeing these shouts if he played poorly yesterday, was he a standout - nope, but tactically seemed like his primary job was to get on Rice and stop him dictating play, Rice did absolutely nothing all game and West Ham where forced to rely on their cbs to try get stuff started - so job was well and truly done by the lad.

Weirdly seeing him doing the dirty work they goes unnoticed most if the time but is tactically vital is more impressive than anything

Honestly mate I'm not seeing these shouts if he played poorly yesterday, was he a standout - nope, but tactically seemed like his primary job was to get on Rice and stop him dictating play, Rice did absolutely nothing all game and West Ham where forced to rely on their cbs to try get stuff started - so job was well and truly done by the lad.

Weirdly seeing him doing the dirty work they goes unnoticed most if the time but is tactically vital is more impressive than anything
Totally correct analysis , he put their most influential player out of the game and still made a major contribution to our forward efforts.
Think he will be a sensational player.

Good call about Rice, he was good on the ball and composed but was never allowed to get into his stride and carry the ball through the midfield which he is good at. That was down to both Onana and Iwobi. Bear in mind too he nullified the threat of Sousek in their and won a lot of arial battles. Could have brighter on the ball but he was solid today.

Attitude is spot on. If it was Mina who had taken the knock to the thigh, we wouldn't see him again for months.
Downside, of course, is that he may have aggravated it by playing on

Not a critisim in any way mate, was more responding to some of the negative comments posted. He’s still very young, I think he’s a bit raw, but we saw against Mordor how influential he can be, but given his age and expierence I think we have to accept his performances will fluctuate from sublime to good in his development. He was grand yesterday, kid has it all.

He and Rice effectively cancelled each other out. As you say that is their most creative player nullified, and allowed Iwobi to have free reign in midfield. He was also a threat in the box off set plays and even in possession, whoch got us up the pitch.

He's already shown, within games enormous versatility to do different jobs. Whether it was playing as a 6 against Leeds, coming on as a sub as almost a 10 against Villa, or being a bit more of a man mrker yesterday.
There was a point yesterday he was struggling but he carried on, which says a lot for his mentality. I remember thinking though, we can't lose him, as he's such a threat in both boxes off set plays. He's got such a rounded skillset, that even if he's fatigued, he still has enough about him to have an impact.
As someone has said, he and Gordon are both 21, and are not going to dominate every game, but both of them played a part in a victory yesterday. Rice didn't do much, and West Hams left hand side was nullified by Gordon/Patterson.

He needs to be more attacking at times, we seen on his debut that he can beat a player or two, and he has the support around him to take a chance now and again.
The scary thing is that after a season in the league he should be twice the player he is now.

He was also great on defensive corners. Great signing

Not a critisim in any way mate, was more responding to some of the negative comments posted. He’s still very young, I think he’s a bit raw, but we saw against Mordor how influential he can be, but given his age and expierence I think we have to accept his performances will fluctuate from sublime to good in his development. He was grand yesterday, kid has it all.
?

Status
Not open for further replies.