Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else question our process on this issue , cannot get my head around it.

I'm absolutely thrilled if Onana signs, if reports are right we have a potentially great player on our hands, journalists seem delighted, Bobby brown shoes seemingly played his part , international player,all superb.

I honestly didn't care on the monies being exchanged over until now on all our transfers. Where we are led to believe we need to balance the book.

.So 12 months ago Lille bought this young fella for 7 million, yet today we're paying top dollar. If I was Moshri I would be looking at our scouting team and asking what the hell are they doing.

I do wonder if they actually exist, I really do.

West Ham alerted the possibility, the player himself was waving a big blue flag at them.

Look back at our signings through this era, not too many seem to of been a great success. We've bought when they were established league players in general.

The full back whose name escapes me , does not look upto the standard is the only one I can see who probably was scouted.

And whoever thought Klassen, niasse , etc were good enough needs put against a wall and shot with balls of their own you know what .

We seem to be missing a trick with our scouts, we can't fall into this FFP again, we we're on the brink last season

I'm absolutely thrilled if Onana signs, if reports are right we have a potentially great player on our hands, journalists seem delighted, Bobby brown shoes seemingly played his part , international player,all superb.

I honestly didn't care on the monies being exchanged over until now on all our transfers. Where we are led to believe we need to balance the book.

.So 12 months ago Lille bought this young fella for 7 million, yet today we're paying top dollar. If I was Moshri I would be looking at our scouting team and asking what the hell are they doing.

West Ham alerted the possibility, the player himself was waving a big blue flag at them.

Look back at our signings through this era, not too many seem to of been a great success. We've bought when they were established league players in general.

The full back whose name escapes me , does not look upto the standard is the only one I can see who probably was scouted.

And whoever thought Klassen, niasse , etc were good enough needs put against a wall and shot with balls of their own you know what .

We seem to be missing a trick with our scouts, we can't fall into this FFP again, we we're on the brink last season
Scouts, what are they???

I think we all understand where you are coming from. The issue recently is that the first team seems to be in permanent rebuild. We always need to put all of our money into the first team squad.

When he was bought it was a punt on a young player who we probably couldnt have put into the first team.

We need to get to a situation where there is less work to do on the first team squad and we can invest some money in development players.

Football wouldn’t operate without the mugs and unfortunately, we are one of the mugs

Spoilsport ?

Onana went from Hoffenheim to Hamburg with extremely limited playing time.

Hamburg were in the 2nd division in Germany and we didnt spend much in fees last summer.

A year in Bundesliga 2 and then a season in Ligue 1 meant theres some analysis in two leagues. That has minimised the risk and coupled with there being money this summer makes the deal doable.

Spending £5mil-10mil a pop on players like Lookman, Vlasic etc was of course tried before and we made profit in both cases.

I think we'll need to continue with the Mykolenko, Patterson, McNeil and now Onana style deals. Paying a bit more for u23 aged players to make sure we get the one we want based on some track record.

The FFP / P&S situation means we probably cant afford to take punts unless were absolutely sure they will make an impact quickly.

Overall let's see how many players we have brought in for what net outlay. There is a big variation in the fee being quoted for Onana, but the payment terms are likely to be far more favourable than if we were buying from a PL club. He might end up as another Moise Kean, all hype, but not being a forward the risk isn't as great.

I'm genuinely surprised at this transfer, and the players enthusiasm for joining us, but it feels great to be signing a player of such immense potential. My guess is the lad is very ambitious and confident in himself, and wants to improve in a better league with a side that can guarantee him minutes and where he can be a big fish. I'm assuming he has been given assurances that we wouldn't stand in his way in a year or two if bigger clubs come circling.

Onana went from Hoffenheim to Hamburg with extremely limited playing time.

Hamburg were in the 2nd division in Germany and we didnt spend much in fees last summer.

A year in Bundesliga 2 and then a season in Ligue 1 meant theres some analysis in two leagues. That has minimised the risk and coupled with there being money this summer makes the deal doable.

Spending £5mil-10mil a pop on players like Lookman, Vlasic etc was of course tried before and we made profit in both cases.

I think we'll need to continue with the Mykolenko, Patterson, McNeil and now Onana style deals. Paying a bit more for u23 aged players to make sure we get the one we want based on some track record.

The FFP / P&S situation means we probably cant afford to take punts unless were absolutely sure they will make an impact quickly.
Also, if Onana reaches anywhere near his potential we will make a massive profit on him if/when we sell. Looks a shrewd bit of business to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.