Am I bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Liverpool dont win the league, im pretty sure they'd feel the same way to. If they say you are being bitter just point out -

Steua 86 banner in the front of the kop derby day a few years back
Wanting Chelsea to turn them over at Anfield when United were going for the league
Barca vs United CL final - I saw grown men wearing sombreros in town, pubs also had Barca flags in the window
94 and 97 - They wanted us to go down
95 - Wanted Blackburn to beat them at Anfield so United didnt win the league

Not to mention the usual Everton wives shouts, mongrels, bitters, no trophies in x amount of years etc.

In an ideal world we hammer City then they trip up at Palace.

Last edited:
Of course they have agendas and angles but with regards to who wins a football match and the league the difference between Liverpool and somebody else winning it would show up as a little spike on a powerpoint at best. And I work within media so I am certainly not as naive as you think. And why Liverpool? Think about this now? Liverpool fans and Liverpool, the city as a whole don't buy the Sun, Britains best selling newspaper, which in turn is owned by Rupert Murdoch who owns more media than he ever should have been allowed to own in this country. Why then, would any of his rags (or his sports channels for that matter) want Liverpool to win ahead of, say Manchester United?

Because since December it's been painfully obvious that United had no chance of winning the title , the rs however did. From this point on the Media went into overdrive behind Liverpool, the reasons pretty simple really, out of the prem clubs in contention the rs have by far the biggest 'global appeal' from a pure marketing and sales perspective jumping right behind them made perfect business sense, as for the sun not being bought in Liverpool yup by and large right, however Murdochs not an idiot, pandering to the rs gets them buying and subscribing on mas to his other media outlets.

Need evidence of that then simply look at the televised game figures and the fact the positive media coverage tend to mirror the trends for whose shown the most

The number of reds who have told me I'm bitter because I don't want them to win the league is really starting to get on my tits. I've tried to explain that I don't want them to win it because they're our local rivals and it's nothing to do with bitterness but they genuinely aren't having it.

Is it bitter though? Would they really be supporting us if the roles were reversed, like so many of them are claiming?

Nope, that ain't bitter, it's perfectly normal. I doubt there are any Blues who actually want them to win the title. I can see and hear the smugness if it happens already.

...we walk on egg shells when it comes to talking about them, they don't when it comes to us.

Exactly this. It's bizarre.

Case in point - "always the victim, it's never your fault", which was about their handling of Suarez, yet they insinuated Hillsborough and our fanbase crumpled and didn't dare mention it again.

Proper weird. If it's bitter to not want your most direct rivals to win the league, then sign me up as bitter. But simultaneously, they'd sell their souls to stop us or United winning the league, so sign them up as bitter too. Works both ways.

Too many Evertonians petrified of what they think of us. I don't care what the RS say; I care what they do.

Nothing to do with being bitter or any other such rubbish. Would they want us to win the league ?....NO not one of them......

I don't want them to win the title, to the point that I even go against my anti-Sheikh/Oligarch principles and prefer Man City or Chelsea to win it.

There's many reasons for this, the latest of which was how the media believe in their cult. Check out this pre-match guff from the supposedly-respectful The Guardian:

Any sane follower of football cannot allow dangerous bollocks like this to become accepted 'truth'.

Yet, I draw the line at us having to suffer anything less than a win. Even if we're not chasing Europe, I would never in a million years want us to lose a football match to spite a rival team. But especially as we're chasing a European Adventure for the first time in 5 years (and still with an outside chance of game-changing Champions League football). Yous who want us to lose against City aren't just bitter, it goes beyond that. Your support for our club is inbalanced. You hate Liverpool more than you love Everton.

And that's beyond bitter, that is just plain sad.

Try and get a hotel room in Liverpool on Sunday 11th May .They have booked them all even though they are not going the match.

I don't particularly want them to win the league, but if they do, well so be it.

What I find odd is people actively wanting Everton to get beat at the weekend. That doesn't sit quite right with me but you look at it your way.

That's just my way of looking at it.

People criticize them for wanting to get beat by Blackburn in '95, then in the same breath suggest we do the same against Man City, while we still have to obtain one more point for Europe.

I understand why they did what they did against Chelsea and Blackburn mate, was all about trying to preserve themselves as the most successful club in England by virtue of holding the most league wins, something they absolutely hated United for taking off them, if they won it this year cue next seasons banners everywhere about 'one more to go' etc, can see that as sure as nighttime follows the day

After all the patronizing, insults and gloating they have done this season more than any i want them to win sweet f' all, my mates and family that are red i feel sorry for their decent people, but their 0.00001% of their fan base, and the FKW from Norway and Ireland who bang on about their hatred for us can go f' themselves.

If we turn up at City carrying a coffin with 'LFC Premier Champions, RIP died on 03/05/14' on it then we will be bitter, but surely no group of classy and dignified 'none bitter' fans would ever do such a thing...

Liverpool fanst think they are better than us.

the half arsed fans mind you, not the proper fans. But let me explain.....

Speak to a lot of them lot and they look down on us, for all of their achievements. Now most of that was won before they were born or round abouts then but that doesn't matter.

what really bothers me is that arrogance with their we are better then everyone frame of mind. they call us bitter yet dismiss everything we ever do because they are so much better than us. If we finished 4th one season, they would dismiss it if they won the league because it is a nothing achievement in their eyes and another reason to put us down. They will always look down on us even if they were relegated and we won the league. They would have the moral victory and 'always the victim' situation.

and the guard of honour thing they keep doing for the team bus arriving. A nice touch with them going for the league, can't fault that.

But how many are going to do that come August if they blow the title now?

I don't want them to win the title, to the point that I even go against my anti-Sheikh/Oligarch principles and prefer Man City or Chelsea to win it.

There's many reasons for this, the latest of which was how the media believe in their cult. Check out this pre-match guff from the supposedly-respectful The Guardian:

Any sane follower of football cannot allow dangerous bollocks like this to become accepted 'truth'.

Yet, I draw the line at us having to suffer anything less than a win. Even if we're not chasing Europe, I would never in a million years want us to lose a football match to spite a rival team. But especially as we're chasing a European Adventure for the first time in 5 years (and still with an outside chance of game-changing Champions League football). Yous who want us to lose against City aren't just bitter, it goes beyond that. Your support for our club is inbalanced. You hate Liverpool more than you love Everton.

And that's beyond bitter, that is just plain sad.

Nope mate we just understand the nature of the rivalry, I don't hate Liverpool more than i love Everton, anyone saying that knows absolutely nothing about growing up around the rs, wanting them to not win the league is more important to me than finishing 5th on 75 points rather than finishing 5th on 72 points fair enough, its called having perspective of the situation. We are not finishing 4th, we are not losing to a safe Hull with a cup final a week away last day of the season. Losing to City isn't me willing to throw away our success to spite them, it's realising a relatively meaningless game for us is worth more to us as a club not to win than the opposite.

If you think otherwise ofc, come the open top bus parade and socialize with the rs if they win it, go the bars in your everton top, enjoy their 'banter' for a bit, similarly do the same should we genuinely lose to city and you hang around a lot of them, see how gracious they will be

It's quite funny really. The only decent RS I know is my cousin, he understands that Henderson isn't the best midfielder in the country and that Suarez is a vile player but delighted he's playing for them. (for example It's how I would feel about Jose Mourinho) though he's quite successful in his personal life so isn't relying on LFC to give him a false sense of purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.