Am I bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went mental when Ba scored, wouldn't be arsed if Bobby shoved Lukaku to left back and put McCarthy in goal if Arsenal win tonight. Hate them more than anything in the world and the joy I'd get from Gerrard costing them the league would be unexplainable.

Call me bitter all you want, the Gerrard slip could turn out to be the best moment of my life

I dont think it's bitter at all to not want them to win the league. As others have said they're our main rivals and 90% of them wouldn't want us to win the league either.

The bitterness for me isn't even taking the glaringly obvious positives out of a defeat on Saturday. That said we need to be VERY careful not to slip out of Europe in the next two games and I personally would never wish a defeat on my own team, but I get it kinda.

For me, the bitterness is not being able to acknowledge, even on here amonsgt your own fans, the good they have done here and pretending they are where they are through no good of their own. There is no refereeing conspiracy. There is no footballing illuminati hanging people off bridges with their pockets stuffed full of money to restore the red world order. There isn't even a group of media bosses sitting around trying to influence things because it would sell more papers.

What has happened is they have took advantage of a few changes of managers at the clubs at the very top and have played less games. Added to this they have one of the best players in the world, who freakishly NEVER gets injured despite his theatrics and a tactically shrewd manager who plays a brand of football that is actually quite refreshing in this era when possession seems to be king.

I think as long as we can acknowledge what they have done we have every right to want them to not win the league.

Shoot me down.

What have they done that can be described as good mate?
Think you need to realise that is exactly what all media outlets do with everything they report mate, its a business and your naive to think newspapers don't sit down and have defined agendas on how they report everything from current affair, business news, political news, and yes sport also

Disagree, he has shown himself as pretty one dimensional and unaware of the importance of defending mate, atm he's in the same mould as Keegan, attacking and trying to outscore the opposition due to having two forwards on fire, if the opposition doesn't play a high line they struggle as they have the one tactic to win games, tactically he was outclassed last night, and his comments post game showed he didn't even realise he had been.

Off to get this printed on a T shirt
upload_2014-4-28_13-40-8.jpeg

They've all been bitter little rats for the past 20 years while watching United win the league loads of times, now they're close to winning it and because you don't agree with the media and pundits, you're bitter?

Koff.
This, in a nutshell

I've had RS saying to me that we should want them to win the league because they would be happy for us if we got Champions League. How great it must be to so generous. I wonder if they would have been so supportive of our CL ambitions if they were languishing in 7th place. The fact is we don't want our nearest rivals winning the league, not bitter just realistic

BTW, this is the same bunch of bells who thought it was funny to wave a Steaua Bucherest 1986 flag and also were happy to see United's title rivals win at Analfield to deny them a league title. They are in no position to judge

How bitter was Graeme Sourness after the City game moaning that city didn't beat Palace with conviction and style like true champions should, they were 2 nil up + 8 GD on Liverpool, the professional thing to do was see out the game and bank the three points not risk conceding against a tricky Palace side whilst trying to push for more goals. Showed himself to be the utter whopper that he is.

Dignity and class as always, remember this :-

Former Liverpool and Newcastle manager Graeme Souness could face a touchline ban after launching a foul-louthed rant at the coach of an under-10s team.

Souness, 55, was watching his son James playing for Hale in the Stockport Metro League when he took exception to a tackle from a Bramhall North player.

When the opposition coach refused to reprimand the youngster, Souness lost his cool.

‘Souness marched across the pitch and asked where the f***ing Bramhall coach was,’ Bramhall club scretary Mike Frayne said.

‘People were shocked, I’ll be reporting Souness to the league and the Cheshire FA will take a dim view. This guy should know better.’

The former Scotland star admitted confronting the coach, but defended his actions, and insists he apologised for his language.

‘My son took the ball off a kid and the kid lashed out,’ he explained. ‘I waited 90 seconds for the coach to take the lad off – but nothing happened.

‘I said to him “what the f*** are you teaching kids?”.

‘I did swear. I hold my hands up. But I apologised when I saw a woman present.’

Last edited:
What have they done that can be described as good mate?
Think you need to realise that is exactly what all media outlets do with everything they report mate, its a business and your naive to think newspapers don't sit down and have defined agendas on how they report everything from current affair, business news, political news, and yes sport also

Disagree, he has shown himself as pretty one dimensional and unaware of the importance of defending mate, atm he's in the same mould as Keegan, attacking and trying to outscore the opposition due to having two forwards on fire, if the opposition doesn't play a high line they struggle as they have the one tactic to win games, tactically he was outclassed last night, and his comments post game showed he didn't even realise he had been.

Of course they have agendas and angles but with regards to who wins a football match and the league the difference between Liverpool and somebody else winning it would show up as a little spike on a powerpoint at best. And I work within media so I am certainly not as naive as you think. And why Liverpool? Think about this now? Liverpool fans and Liverpool, the city as a whole don't buy the Sun, Britains best selling newspaper, which in turn is owned by Rupert Murdoch who owns more media than he ever should have been allowed to own in this country. Why then, would any of his rags (or his sports channels for that matter) want Liverpool to win ahead of, say Manchester United?

no its not bitter.
i dont want them to win either for the following reasons ....
1. i dont think there team is that good. they would be the worst squad to ever win the prem imo.
2. i think suarez has played well , but has cheated refs time and time again and won many a point they shouldnt have.
3. skrtel has fouled again and again during corners and is constantly been allowed to get away with it. think of huth and shawcross at stoke under pulis , times it by 10 thats how much skrtel wrestles players.

i hate to think how many pens they have been given that they shouldnt have , how many pens there opponents should have been given and havent been , and how many points they have stolen due to these 2 facts.

Well said. They are an unbelievably good attacking side but as a whole 11 I think they will be the poorest Champions for decades. They can lie and twist things all they want but the truth is, they are way further up the league than they should be down to refereeing decisions. I can think of penalties they got against Villa, Stoke, West Ham etc that gave them a helping hand as always. Numerous fouls by Skrtel in the area, cheating by Suarez against City, blatant penalties turned down in the game as Agent Clattenburg gave them the win, and 3 [Poor language removed] penalties at Old Trafford, with an incorrect sending off.

Nearly all of those decisions would never go in our favour. I can think of Baines at Cardiff, McCarthy and Osman n Saturday, Coleman at Spurs etc - all games where they would have been given a lifeline and we were denied one.

I am bitter 100% and when challenged by it I admit to them I am the most bitter there is

My bitterness has nothing to do with the European ban either, I could live with that and didn't fully understand the implications at the time......no!

Their arrogance, their devine right to be winners,you can tell one of them just by talking to them without any mention of football........The devils club I was told in the early 90's by an old man at work

My mate saw a banner that said "liverpool fc ashamed of nothing offended by everything" spot on! Oh and Ian rush he's a [Poor language removed]

Not bitter, can handle banter with genuine fans like those in my family just not the deluded 'daytrippers' who wouldn't know their Reds history if it smacked them in the face. Not even all that concerned if they win the title or not, Chelsea showed them up yesterday and Palace may well do the same a week tonight. All I'm bothered with is how we and we alone do, 6 points left to play for and I expect all six to be obtained

Status
Not open for further replies.