2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno mate, if you look at the stats Mateus Klich is actually a hybrid combination of Zidane, Maradona and Gullit, with no downsides. Some Leeds fan did a spreadsheet so it must be true. Just look at his pressures in zone 14!

What an unorthodox genius Bielsa is! He doesn’t do mainstream stuff like win trophies, he’s a true maverick, what a wacky great guy.

View attachment 111025
Sent to me by a Leeds mate...
Trouble with them graphs is that it just shows how much defending a teams midfield is having to do. If you're constantly losing the ball then your defensive midfielder is going to be a lot busier than someone in a side that's winning games at a canter.

If you did something similar with shots saved and high balls claimed you'd probably have Sam Johnstone & Karl Darlow up in the top right with Allison and Lloris down in the bottom left.

Trouble with them graphs is that it just shows how much defending a teams midfield is having to do. If you're constantly losing the ball then your defensive midfielder is going to be a lot busier than someone in a side that's winning games at a canter.

If you did something similar with shots saved and high balls claimed you'd probably have Sam Johnstone & Karl Darlow up in the top right with Allison and Lloris down in the bottom left.
It of course reflects a number of things. Style of play, being under the cosh. Possession based teams maybe won’t feature as much as there is less pressing and tackling to do.

Nonetheless, N’golo is up there.

Allan has always had great tackling and pressing stats. That’s his game, and he’s good at it.

They must be very poor in every other area of the pitch for them to be 14th then.
The two aren’t directly connected. How does two Leeds midfielders who play in a pressing high energy system being top of the pressing/tackles chart relate to this arsey comment.

they aren’t the best but naturally have a lot of tackles because they press and keep going.
They aren’t great defensively anyway

Is a class act but needs someone sitting deep to allow him to play his natural game without being exposed in midfield. Gbamin maybe or Winks.

He was a bossanova for us yesterday fair play. And massive credit for taking that petulant butthole Richarlison away from trying to steal the penalty.

I'm not convinced that Doucouré is the right partner next to him, or Gomes, but at least we have plenty of options, including Davies who can come off the bench with some fresh legs like he did yesterday.

I felt Allan had a decent game against Chelsea. Not only loving the way he can disrupt an opposition attack, but also the way he drives forward to get things moving for us. Not sure how long he can keep it up though, as the guy seems to get chunks kicked out of him in every game he plays.

Noticeable so far this season that Allan, Richarlison and James all seem to be targets of the boot boys and all three are regularly getting booted from pillar to post! I suspect both Richie and James haven’t been properly fit for a while and the regular kickings they’re getting aren’t helping!

He was a bossanova for us yesterday fair play. And massive credit for taking that petulant butthole Richarlison away from trying to steal the penalty.

I'm not convinced that Doucouré is the right partner next to him, or Gomes, but at least we have plenty of options, including Davies who can come off the bench with some fresh legs like he did yesterday.
Proper captain performance that

Immense - has been since he walked into the gaff and let all the wasters know who's boss.

Out kante-d kante last night - the best midfielder on the pitch, and there was some quality out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.