Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has a bit of on the field leadership and character im not to worried about his age. Ive honestly looked at the bench sometimes since the restart and willed Dunc to come on knowing if nothing else he would just bring some leadership, passion and fight on the pitch.

The bit, im a bit perplexed about is we have sold Gueye, for 30 mill and if this comes off we have arguably spent 70 mill trying to replace him with three players. Maybe that is harsh and all three will prove good signings in time.
Isn't Allan meant to be a bit more attacking than Gana?

Yep , the only question is what percentage of our budget will he be. If it's 100% it's a no. If it's 50% , fine.
Yeah just typical Carlo didn’t arrive the summer just gone. We can’t get it wrong this window. Must be a lot shrewd with our dealings. Few loans with option to buy should be a good way. But Can’t do a mass spend like we have done and I don’t want to sell our best players to fund new signings.

So was Richarlison's at Watford mate.

Basically every signing is a risk - for every overseas Niasse there is a Suarez

For every domestic Van Dijk there is an Iwobi

He knows Carlo / he suits his system & formation of choice.

Bring him home.

True. None of the big clubs were in for Van Dijk when he was at Celtic either. Goes to Southampton. Suddenly becomes a £75mill player.

Suarez was seen as a gamble too.

I look forward to Napoli saying “oh so now you can’t sign the Danish guy he’s good enough for you again is he? Well funnily enough his price just went up.” and us paying £120m for him.

True. None of the big clubs were in for Van Dijk when he was at Celtic either. Goes to Southampton. Suddenly becomes a £75mill player.

Suarez was seen as a gamble too.

Suarez was amazing in Holland. I told the RS guys i know at the time how good he would be.

Every signing is a gamble though.

I look forward to Napoli saying “oh so now you can’t sign the Danish guy he’s good enough for you again is he? Well funnily enough his price just went up.” and us paying £120m for him.

I think thats somewhat unlikely.

And we'll just say "you're not even playing him, you want rid, you need funds as you're splashing the cash, nobody else is interested and you have no bargaining power, we lower our price to £20m, take it out leave it you cheeky....."

Status
Not open for further replies.