2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
.funny thing was thinking watching that, sine balls we're hitting now have a kit of pace on them, reckon it's because players are starting to realise that we now have players that can handle that and control it, so as that confidence grows about players trusting each other to 'not be bad' the pace of our attacking play will improve a lot.

Can see it clearest amongst the two cbs they arent looking flustered anymore but in control and it's spreading throughout the side now. Players are starting to look around and trust the guys around them to not 'f' up

I think it's only Iwobi who zips them like that, he's always hit passes with pace and expects people to control them. In the main it works and every now and then he overhits one.

It's definitely done on purpose though and he is the one who seems capable of quickening up a passage of play as once he llays a pass he's already on the move.

Just want to see him getting on the end of things and believing in himself and demanding of himself that he's capable of scoring 7/8 goals a season.

He's had a couple of pot shots against the rs and West Ham now but I feel they were more in hope than a belief he was going to make the keeper work. He's got all the tools to really take his game to an even better level and start contributing with goals

It’s great to see him getting praise from all corners now but this post is insinuating Evertonians are patient fans when in reality we hammered him for being crap for years so clearly doesn’t have a clue what they’re on about!
We all love him now he’s performing though, there’s nothing like an underdog story, rising up against the odds!
More a backdrop of not having the same level of sensationalist journalism at Arsenal more than impatient fans.

But meh, he's doing well and long may it continue!

It's weird to think that, had he not been on the pitch on Sunday, we'd have looked a lot weaker. I've held that view for a while now as well. A sure-as-anything sign that you're now referring to one of your club's most important players..

I'd go further than that mate, in a very short space of time he has become our most important player. He's the only player we have who offers any real creativity from midfield and he's also the most energetic player we have too. He's central to everything. It won't be long before teams start making plans specifically for him.

I'd go further than that mate, in a very short space of time he has become our most important player. He's the only player we have who offers any real creativity from midfield and he's also the most energetic player we have too. He's central to everything. It won't be long before teams start making plans specifically for him.
He’s definitely our only creative player in the middle. He tends to play quite deep so I’m not sure a midfield 3 of him, gueye, and onana really works. Someone needs to be playing a bit closer to the striker, and I thought it might be him given he’s talked about wanting to play as a 10 in the past

He’s definitely our only creative player in the middle. He tends to play quite deep so I’m not sure a midfield 3 of him, gueye, and onana really works. Someone needs to be playing a bit closer to the striker, and I thought it might be him given he’s talked about wanting to play as a 10 in the past
I think that three gives us incredible energy and workrate. We are much more solid, even to the naked eye, with those three but it's difficult to see how that midfield three offers much in the way of chipping in with goals. My slight concern is that I'm not sure, unless Gordon ups his output from last season considerably, whether there's enough goals in our front three and that being the case, we'd need goals from elsewhere in the team and I don't *think* we have them in that midfield three either, although Onana may yet prove a surprise package there

I think that three gives us incredible energy and workrate. We are much more solid, even to the naked eye, with those three but it's difficult to see how that midfield three offers much in the way of chipping in with goals. My slight concern is that I'm not sure, unless Gordon ups his output from last season considerably, whether there's enough goals in our front three and that being the case, we'd need goals from elsewhere in the team and I don't *think* we have them in that midfield three either, although Onana may yet prove a surprise package there
We’re clearly trying to put it on onana from corners so hopefully he bags a few.

He's just an Arsenal player isn't he, we can all see it. Passing and moving through the lines, Arsene Wenger watching on, murmuring words of encouragement. Well done Alex.

Reactions: JLW
E08C793F-96C8-4C16-B353-E8030C775D73.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.