2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said for years, "Vaulting" is proper soy boy behaviour.

If you cant change your opinion on something then you're a chimp not a human with normal cognitive capacity.

How many years you been saying it mate?

1663688910160.png

Whoever made the call to switch his position in pre season deserves a new contract themselves.

Gone from a player most would have sold for 5m this time last season to first name on the team sheet and undroppable.
5m ffs I seriously would of done a free, just to get his wages off the books, £35 million now, love you Alex, you have totally made me look a tit, and I'm sso happy you have! Coyb

I think a Wobs vaulting would catch about 98% of the forum in its tailwind

Despite claims made previously in the thread, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a good vaulting.

As you say though, there's nothing to see here. He cost big money, gets paid a lot, and did next to nothing for two years. He was rightfully written off as a flop. It's not even like he had any bad injuries or anything, and he'd already made 90 Premier League appearances before even joining us. There was literally nothing to mitigate his form.

It's not exactly akin to going all in on a youngster like DCL was a few years back now, is it?

Despite claims made previously in the thread, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a good vaulting.

As you say though, there's nothing to see here. He cost big money, gets paid a lot, and did next to nothing for two years. He was rightfully written off as a flop. It's not even like he had any bad injuries or anything, and he'd already made 90 Premier League appearances before even joining us. There was literally nothing to mitigate his form.

It's not exactly akin to going all in on a youngster like Dominic Calvert-Lewin was a few years back now, is it?
This is it really. He has turned around his career out of the blue. I’m not sure iwobe frankly wasn’t good enough, point that out at the time isn’t something to mocked.
Dcl had haters not taking account of his age and had some real inability to notice the talent he had. People call him championship material.

It's not exactly akin to going all in on a youngster like Dominic Calvert-Lewin was a few years back now, is it?
He was signed as an alternative to Zaha - to play that wide attacking role, that obviously didn’t work out for him.

We have got lucky to a degree that he has reinvented himself as an all action midfielder , akin to Joelinton at Newcastle. FairPlay to the lad and for Lampard to have the balls to make the call to trust him in there and persevere after that west ham mistake last year.

Makes you think how many other players who flopped have played in the wrong position. Maybe Per Koldrup was an inverted left winger all along, Brett Angell a towering centre back, Davy Klassen a seeeper in the Ronald koeman mould. Alas we shall never know.

he has started to play well, but its only a short term thing at the moment, i want to see more... and for much longer... but progress, is progress so credit to him for moving on from what can only be described as a very dodgy start... that said the team he arrived to play in were terrible also, which can't have helped.

long may this growth continue..

No, that was bananas imo. Just an astonishing lack of patience or foresight. I certainly veered between thinking Wobs was useless and having hope that he mas making inroads after his odd good game, but I doubt anyone could have foreseen what he has become for us

Status
Not open for further replies.