2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was signed as an alternative to Zaha - to play that wide attacking role, that obviously didn’t work out for him.

We have got lucky to a degree that he has reinvented himself as an all action midfielder , akin to Joelinton at Newcastle. FairPlay to the lad and for Lampard to have the balls to make the call to trust him in there and persevere after that west ham mistake last year.

Makes you think how many other players who flopped have played in the wrong position. Maybe Per Koldrup was an inverted left winger all along, Brett Angell a towering centre back, Davy Klassen a seeeper in the Ronald koeman mould. Alas we shall never know.

You make a very good point actually. We do appear to have dodged a bullet. There's plenty of other crap wingers we could have bought, who just wouldn't have had the tools and/or the desire to reinvent themselves.

I don't disagree with what you say, but I wouldn't be pulling stats from that source.
'The other 14'?
WTF is that all about? Worse than RAWK's 'alternative league table'

I mean, the whole account is about stats from sides outside the Top 6, that's the whole point of the account. Considering we're nowhere near the Top 6 I find it useful for seeing where we are against our peers.

It is genuinely pleasing this turnaround. It's not something you see very often without the player moving to start fresh. Credit Iwobi, he had a very hard time off the fans, you could see his confidence was shattered. Now he's invigorated and a different player.

Awesome, well done Mr Iwobi.

It is genuinely pleasing this turnaround. It's not something you see very often without the player moving to start fresh. Credit Iwobi, he had a very hard time off the fans, you could see his confidence was shattered. Now he's invigorated and a different player.

Awesome, well done Mr Iwobi.
When he was killing time with his trickery in the corner, the crowd singing his name was class. He's invigorated, but he's invigorated us too. He really is like a new signing since Lampard came in, and he's as good as anyone to spot it. He has him taking a few pot shots and making a few late runs too. First name on the team sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.