2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I really don't get the pretty standard football supporter behavior where players aren't allowed to act like normal humans when they aren't playing. This one at least isn't just Evertonians being utterly bizarre.
jumping from a rolls royce onto a private jet after being rubbish at your job for the past year is not normal behaviour , but it’s not only iwobi who does that

Yeah deffo.

We really screwed ourselves over buying a bunch of average squad players for 20-30m and silly wages.

We have 2 of them out on loan and have not missed them at all even though we are utter, utter, utter crap.
amount of players we’ve ended up letting go for free after paying big fees for them confirms that gomes gbamin will probably be added to that list in 12 months time

Works hard for the team, always has a mistake in his game. Does not score enough goals not going to hate on him, would have no problem moving him on with the money he is on could get two players who could be on 50 and would be used better on the right as a real winger

Very weird how that list has some player’s full names but then just has Tarkowski and Kane, unless he’s dropped the James part and it was actually the big red machine turning out up front for Spurs.
Could be anything mate.

Personally, I think having 2 James in his perfectly formatted FB post would have made it look untidy, so like everything else Everton related, our James ended up getting the shaft... 🤷‍♂️

After the performances we've had off this lad over the whole of his contract the last thing we should be doing is letting him hold us to ransom. If he doesn't want to be here then go not many will shed a tear for him. It would be nice to have someone in his position that doesn't constantly try and pass the ball through the opposition's legs and fail to do so 99/100 times.

Does Iwobi actually get into our starting 11 if everyone's fit? Only way I think he does is if he plays out wide on the right maybe, where I don't rate him at all.

He 's always gone on about his preferred role being in a central attacking midfield role, yet Doucoure, despite playing less than half the amount of minutes Iwobi did in the PL last season, has almost the same number of goal contributions and is far more effective in that CAM role if you like.

I can't see him displacing Gueye because of Gana's defensive contributions, and I'd much rather see Garner, who looked great at times last season, alongside Gueye rather than Iwobi.

Works tremendously hard, can't fault him for that, but with 1 year left on his deal and he doesn't seem to be wanting to sign a new one? Get rid!

I'm going to defend Iwobi. He was, allbeit a low bar, among our best players last season. I'm not justifying the fee we paid for him that was insane. He is though reliable, plays regularly, works hard and sets a good example to the rest of the team.
If he stays we need back up in that position on the RH side if hes not producing his goal if he stays is more goals and more assists we have got to get more out of the midfield next season on both fronts

Get shut if we can.... some half decent games for us.... but I do not want to watch him cross the ball the way he does ever again...... If we can get something for him and he wants to go.... get rid!

Status
Not open for further replies.