2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats? Some players just never go missing, are always available and drive a team. He is worth his weight and with better players ahead of him would be even better. He is excellent and one of a few to be relied upon.
How many times this season has he been dropped to the bench? Not many, that tells you all you need to know.

Pienaar had poor end product stats but was essential to the team in link up and also work rate. I'm not saying wobbers is anywhere near Pienaars level but there is more to be judged on than end product.
Pienaar had very good stats at his peak

Then there's no debate.
We haven't got a clue where we're at yet and with it being closed season there's absolutely jack we can do about it.
We are actually set adrift on memory bliss...
The close season is one of only two times we can actually do something about it, we won't, but we could.

Ideal world he's either paid a lot less and packs out next season's squad or we sell him and find a cheaper waged player to take his spot.
We're in a far from ideal world so he'll be paid more than he'd get elsewhere while we hopefully try to sort the more essential needs in the squad.
File under 2024 replacing at best.

Ideal world he's either paid a lot less and packs out next season's squad or we sell him and find a cheaper waged player to take his spot.
We're in a far from ideal world so he'll be paid more than he'd get elsewhere while we hopefully try to sort the more essential needs in the squad.
File under 2024 replacing at best.
Nobody is taking a pay cut to stay here

I think Iwobi has become something of a whipping boy. Yes he frustrates (over hits crosses, poor passes), but most players frustrate.

He has played plenty of decent games. He works hard & he does have creative flair. Stats don't tell the whole picture, he is part of a luckluster team that needs overhauling. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves when he plays well.

Is he the best midfielder going around? No. But he's worth hanging on to, there are greater priorities than replacing Iwobi.

My two cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.