2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a massive flop for first few years ..... picked up his game in the last year and a half and helped us stay up both times. Having said that .... its time to move on if someone will pay for him. We can do better. He's not our worst but we need to be improving.

Was a massive flop for first few years ..... picked up his game in the last year and a half and helped us stay up both times. Having said that .... its time to move on if someone will pay for him. We can do better. He's not our worst but we need to be improving.
Nah, way more low hanging fruit to move on from before Iwobi. I expect him in the line up next season.

Why would we get rid of him? There are so many areas of the squad that need improving before we can even think of upgrading Iwobi.

One of the hardest working players we've got and also possibly the only creative one at that. He's turned it around here from a terrible start, we should support that further rather than try to push him out to to the highest bidder.

Why would we get rid of him? There are so many areas of the squad that need improving before we can even think of upgrading Iwobi.

One of the hardest working players we've got and also possibly the only creative one at that. He's turned it around here from a terrible start, we should support that further rather than try to push him out to to the highest bidder.
Because he's on big wages and isn't actually very good. There are other players I'd move on before Iwobi, but nobody would shed a tear (other than @TheBigIguana who has chosen Iwobi as his proxy in the squad for reasons only known to him) if we sold him. It's all moot anyway, nobody is going to pay a fee, a signing on fee and the wages Iwobi is on for a player who's main attribute is that he runs around a lot.

Because he's on big wages and isn't actually very good. There are other players I'd move on before Iwobi, but nobody would shed a tear (other than @TheBigIguana who has chosen Iwobi as his proxy in the squad for reasons only known to him) if we sold him. It's all moot anyway, nobody is going to pay a fee, a signing on fee and the wages Iwobi is on for a player who's main attribute is that he runs around a lot.
Fwiw I've said like three times today I think it is time to move on.

I still rate him but he's not a player we've ever even attempted to use correctly and at this point it is best for everyone to end it. Especially because a new deal takes him over 30 and that's just a big red "STOP" for me.

Simply his contract. For one more year I feel most would want him around. But one more year either requires a commitment of more years or to forfeit any fee we might get. Those are both bad ideas.

Fwiw I've said like three times today I think it is time to move on.

I still rate him but he's not a player we've ever even attempted to use correctly and at this point it is best for everyone to end it. Especially because a new deal takes him over 30 and that's just a big red "STOP" for me.
We're agreeing on Dyche (albeit I'm a little less vociferous than you) and now Iwobi! I need a little lie down, this is all so unexpected.

Very little apart from what you would expect of any professional footballer. He's been a huge flop and is symptomatic of our woes.
A team is only as good as its weakest player, I would say there hasn't been a game for 18 months were he has been anything close to our weakest link.
If all our players, including the better ones, gave as much we wouldn't be in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.