2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you don't mind a Brighton fan posting in this thread. I saw this stat earlier: Iwobi created more chances this season than any other player outside the Big 6. Seriously impressive esp considering the season you've just had. No reason why he can't improve on that next year now that Dyche has brought some stability to the squad.

Hope you don't mind a Brighton fan posting in this thread. I saw this stat earlier: Iwobi created more chances this season than any other player outside the Big 6. Seriously impressive esp considering the season you've just had. No reason why he can't improve on that next year now that Dyche has brought some stability to the squad.

Thing to consider is how many of those chances were created half a season as a CM or the other half as a winger.

The issue has always been he's fairly average at both - as in you wouldn't trust him as a key CM and his stats as a winger are awful - and he wouldn't play is the majority of other sides in the premiership.

There's gonna be some bad Siggurdson level stat attacks with him. But watching him for 90mins gives you a better view of his game that some numbers.

He was frustrating the life out of Lee Dixon yesterday on the stateside coverage. Dixon went as far as saying he plays the game too quickly and needs to slow down.

Weve gone from "runs like hes carrying hot plates" to

"Someone needs to take his batteries out" -Lee Dixon.

People praise him as he runs alot. But as Dixon commented, "he runs around and gets into good positions, but doesnt stop when all he needs to do is stay in the good position".

£12.5-15mil for him and it would be good business

What is considered as a 'chance' as its rare Iwobi makes a good pass let alone a quality through ball.

I'd keep him as a squad player but the problem is that his wages don't reflect that of a squad player. We can improve on him in midfield and out wide. Ideally he's someone that gives depth for CM and out wide. We should be prioritising trying to phase out Gueye and Iwobi so we have Onana + Garner as starters and McNeil/another winger.

I'd keep him as a squad player but the problem is that his wages don't reflect that of a squad player. We can improve on him in midfield and out wide. Ideally he's someone that gives depth for CM and out wide. We should be prioritising trying to phase out Gueye and Iwobi so we have Onana + Garner as starters and McNeil/another winger.

We're a team full of squad players in a decent premier league outfit.

Hence why we're in relegation fights.

Weve gone from "runs like hes carrying hot plates" to

"Someone needs to take his batteries out" -Lee Dixon.

People praise him as he runs alot. But as Dixon commented, "he runs around and gets into good positions, but doesnt stop when all he needs to do is stay in the good position".

£12.5-15mil for him and it would be good business

And why he's prone to losing the ball with school boy passes in dangerous areas by the half way line.

That's why while he "had a good season" and stats show he's been his best since he's signed...he doesn't have the basics to excel in those positions to build around.

As a CM you need composure. He doesn't have that. As a winger you need to be able to cross or be effective in wide areas. He's rarely consistent of that.

The big thing is the need to bring in players to support what we have or replace them IMO.

Just seen this stat -

How much would you have to pay to sign any of the other players on the list? There needs to be some respect put on Iwobi's name.

He almost always plays out of his favoured position. Almost double figures assists with no strikers in front of him.

Reports say we will have 50% transfer spend of lower league competitors. At best, that's 20m net that has to go exclusively on a striker like Gyokores. Extending Iwobi's contract is a no brainer and he has the potential to be the ideal creative playmaker/Cahill role for Dyche with his workrate. Just a put an actual striker (or two?!) in front of him and see Iwobi flourish.

If not, you know that clubs who actually look at the important trends will sign Iwobi this summer. I can easily imagine Brighton going for him and he would absolutely fly in that De Zerbi setup.

Just seen this stat -

How much would you have to pay to sign any of the other players on the list? There needs to be some respect put on Iwobi's name.

He almost always plays out of his favoured position. Almost double figures assists with no strikers in front of him.

Reports say we will have 50% transfer spend of lower league competitors. At best, that's 20m net that has to go exclusively on a striker like Gyokores. Extending Iwobi's contract is a no brainer and he has the potential to be the ideal creative playmaker/Cahill role for Dyche with his workrate. Just a put an actual striker (or two?!) in front of him and see Iwobi flourish.

If not, you know that clubs who actually look at the important trends will sign Iwobi this summer. I can easily imagine Brighton going for him and he would absolutely fly in that De Zerbi setup.

What type of chances is that table referring to?

Just seen this stat -

And another…..

Just seen this stat -

Most of those were definitely not quality chances whatsoever. I’m not really knocking Iwobi as we didn’t really have a striker to work with for most of the season but if a team is ran through a player as much as him of course he is going to be up there. That is the flaw in the team though. It ran through Iwobi like it did through Bolasie when we first signed him and we struggled to win games. We need better.

Status
Not open for further replies.