2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at all thje Brighton players there, they all chip in and are dangerous. Iwobi is our only one and he hardly sets the world alight. You have to admire the job De Zerbi did.
What do their numbers look like in terms of midfielders scoring? It's McNeil and Doucoure that've done the damage for us in the end.

What do their numbers look like in terms of midfielders scoring? It's McNeil and Doucoure that've done the damage for us in the end.
Not sure I'd have to go searching. I'm just pointing out how they create across the board by the look of it. If more of ours chipped in, we'd be better off and maybe score more. Mad how we have a lack of goals right through the squad.

Not sure I'd have to go searching. I'm just pointing out how they create across the board by the look of it. If more of ours chipped in, we'd be better off and maybe score more. Mad how we have a lack of goals right through the squad.
We've needed the speed and aerial agility Cal-Lewin offers us, as he allows us that out ball. Pardon the pun but we've hamstrung ourselves being so reliant on that one players ability and then being so totally out of ideas with every other forward offering. Cal-Lewin stays, and we scour for a like for like type forward to share the burden next season.
McNeil is 23
Onana is 21
Doucoure is 30
Gana is 33
Garner is 22
Iwobi is 27
No idea who's out there to step into Doucoure's boots moving forwards, oh for a 22 year old Tim Cahill for a cheeky couple of mill.

Everton fans are the best in the worst kind of way, last night in more then one thread I felt on the verge of having to explain why goals win games and the three points for a win system.

I kind of get where most of them are coming from, in that we do need much better players to get back to being a regular top 8 side. However, we have an awful record in the transfer market and have no money to spend. We’re better off keeping the players that actually produce, and trying to add to that slowly.

Iwobi did have one decent spell of form although it was not hard to do so considering the rest of the squad. Not sure I want to keep him. What do we lose if he goes? Goals? No. Creativity?, some. Effort? oh yes.

Iwobi did have one decent spell of form although it was not hard to do so considering the rest of the squad. Not sure I want to keep him. What do we lose if he goes? Goals? No. Creativity?, some. Effort? oh yes.
How about 8 assists, 2 goal and 10 points, we literally lose the thing that kept us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.