2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fools gold flatters to deceive. Even in middle he is very dangerous always a sloppy pass to opposition that opens us to attack. When I look back in recent seasons and Iwobi is what we have been left with, goes some way to explain our demise.

Day we signed him i was on here saying exactly that. Had signings where i wasnt overly impressed with. But he was the first ever i was angry with. He couldnt give a fck if Everton lose. He gets his money to fund his lifestyle and thats all he is about. Worst type of character you want at a club.
100% correct with demise. An absolute fraud on the pitch in a blue shirt.

Day we signed him i was on here saying exactly that. Had signings where i wasnt overly impressed with. But he was the first ever i was angry with. He couldnt give a fck if Everton lose. He gets his money to fund his lifestyle and thats all he is about. Worst type of character you want at a club.
100% correct with demise. An absolute fraud on the pitch in a blue shirt.
You never said a truer word, he couldn’t pull the tail off a chocolate mouse.

…Dyche is lots about application and attitude. Iwobi is a talented footballer but he’s comfortable, he’s not about application and attitude. I’d be surprised if he was in the starting line up next season.

i don’t trust players like Iwobi. He smiled going off the pitch today, I like him but I don’t trust him.
How can you like him Eggs? He’s a shirker and a bottler, you can’t have players in the team like him when we need players who will fight for every ball, he never makes a tackle but shies away from them, and some fans want to give him a new contract!!

How can you like him Eggs? He’s a shirker and a bottler, you can’t have players in the team like him when we need players who will fight for every ball, he never makes a tackle but shies away from them, and some fans want to give him a new contract!!
Basically your in agreement just a different in tone. He is technically very good just does not have the mindset to want to deliver that in every match and for me that is unforgivable. Dyche is literally mentioning this every interview 'basics"

He scurries about a lot, always threatens to put a tackle in...but never quite manages it.
Like Schneiderlin, has a few 'good' games - but in real terms they're average, that seem good compared to his usual dross.
Good at hiding himself... You often here pro's talk about team mates that can make it difficult for you by hiding on the pitch, just hold off slightly that run for pass, purposely get the wrong side of their marker then look baffled and wave arms about... He is that one.

He scurries about a lot, always threatens to put a tackle in...but never quite manages it.
Like Schneiderlin, has a few 'good' games - but in real terms they're average, that seem good compared to his usual dross.
Edit; Not worth a new 4 year contract.
Iwobi is miles better than Schneiderlin and puts himself out there more. A bit of revisionist history, this. Iwobi was one of the players that took responsibility and kept us up last year - that's a far cry from hiding like some of the other posters have said.

Now I'd agree that Iwobi seems good compared to the utter dross around him, we can agree on that.

…when I say ‘I like him’, I mean I like the lad not that I like the footballer. I’d say the same about Mykolenko.

Basically your in agreement just a different in tone. He is technically very good just does not have the mindset to want to deliver that in every match and for me that is unforgivable. Dyche is literally mentioning this every interview 'basics"

Good at hiding himself... You often here pro's talk about team mates that can make it difficult for you by hiding on the pitch, just hold off slightly that run for pass, purposely get the wrong side of their marker then look baffled and wave arms about... He is that one.

Nailed it. The most perfect description. We've had players here like peter reid and cahill that i think would have called him out.
As i said. You get to many of them and as a club you're in big trouble.
Hence we are where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.