2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo somthin goin on in the bottom left corner

hopefully we get a nice bid for him in January

Looks like Iwobi has turned into......

Erm....Alex iwobi.

His mates were getting punches thrown at them. He wanted to draw attention to it and stop it.

Two fans threw their shirts on the pitch.

All the fans were singing his name in recognition that he was the only player trying tonight

My observation at the ground was that something was said to him when we had a free kick with a few minutes to go on our side closest to Evertonians.
He retreated from Gray who was taking the FK but he was looking at the fans with a look of wtf on his face. There was a group of fans at the front of the away end who were arguing with another group a few rows back in the stands and it got pretty nasty before the game finished.
At the end of the game when the players approached the away fans Iwobi was trying to talk to someone in the crowd but it was all kicking off with the fans.
There was a chant in support of Iwobi and that’s when I got off as the whole second half watching was pretty toxic . I felt sorry for the many Dads who had brought young kids along to the match to be in the middle of all that.
I have been following Everton away from home for the last 40 odd years and it’s depressing most of the time but when our own supporters are trying to fight with each other then I start to think what’s the point any longer…depressing 7 days just endured.

Total guesswork but if those are his mates they probably arent Evertonians and have free tickets so wont care about the result...just cheering him then partying later.

Meanwhile match going and paying Evertonians probably getting talked down to by them in support of their mate.

In any caee...if we could magically get £28-34mil fee paid back for him in Jan it would be a miracle.

I wasn't even on about anything our fans have or haven't done. I'm saying for him there is no reason to sign a deal. He's clearly good enough to get another PL (or somewhere in the top European leagues) club to give him a deal. It's possible the club or clubs interested will be in better standing than us. And it's also possible we'll be down by the time his deal is done.

I just don't see why he would sign here again unless we offer dumb money.

Tbf he done nothing for 3 years and now start putting the effort in cos he looking for a new contract. He can't score goals anyway so and if he goes then we move on.

I wasn't even on about anything our fans have or haven't done. I'm saying for him there is no reason to sign a deal. He's clearly good enough to get another PL (or somewhere in the top European leagues) club to give him a deal. It's possible the club or clubs interested will be in better standing than us. And it's also possible we'll be down by the time his deal is done.

I just don't see why he would sign here again unless we offer dumb money.

I think the forum could do with a laugh.

What do you put his transfer value at? That some idiot would actually be willing to pay of course...

Total guesswork but if those are his mates they probably arent Evertonians and have free tickets so wont care about the result...just cheering him then partying later.

Meanwhile match going and paying Evertonians probably getting talked down to by them in support of their mate.

In any caee...if we could magically get £28-34mil fee paid back for him in Jan it would be a miracle.
I don’t know if he came over to give one of his friends his shirt as a memento to a match, he and his teammates had just stunk the place out. Bad idea if he did.

Some of the comments on this thread are mind blowing. Irrelevent of previous season Iwobi has been our best player by far this term. Only spark of creativity in the team. Problem being other teams have clocked this and are marking him tighter so his influemce in games is getting lower.

Hes definitely running more and attempting more forward passes.

Hes worth a place in the squad thesedays. Certainly not taken the team up a gear though and so remains on the for sale list.

I don’t know if he came over to give one of his friends his shirt as a memento to a match, he and his teammates had just stunk the place out. Bad idea if he did.
Our Manager should have got the players straight in the dressing room to give them a good rolloking - in my day when we won away apart from winning a trophy the players just left the pitch even if we had just put a stellla performance in with victory -

All this running to the fans is fickle especially after a humiliating defeat .......Franks fault .....- clap them forum 100 yards away then get down to sorting the players out - our motto nothing but the best will do !

So if you go along to support your friend and a bunch of people are giving him stick he arguably doesn't deserve, you'd let that slide?

Come on. They're human, hearing some probably terrible things about their mate. Of course they're going to react.

Mate, Iwobi is literally the only player we have who can pass a ball forwards more than 2 yards. If we sold him we’d literally have no creativity or passing ability left in the squad

So if you go along to support your friend and a bunch of people are giving him stick he arguably doesn't deserve, you'd let that slide?

Come on. They're human, hearing some probably terrible things about their mate. Of course they're going to react.

Dont blame them. Also dont blame the fans.

Alongside Coady he's been our best player this season.

Deserves no abuse whatsoever imo
I disagree...yes he has been the best player but that's so easy out of the average and at times poor performance from his team mates. He needs to improve his passing and shooting ability because if he is going to play as an attacking midfielder he is often going to find himself in shooting positions and/or position where he has to nail that final pass. Therefore his contributions have to translate into more goals and assists. That miss against leceister at home is a clear example where he is presented with a great opportunity that a top Premier league footballer should take or at least produce a world class safe from the keeper. I am not sure he is the type of player I would trust to score those easy one on ones on a regular basis yet he should be bearing in mind where he plays for us.

Some of the comments on this thread are mind blowing. Irrelevent of previous season Iwobi has been our best player by far this term. Only spark of creativity in the team. Problem being other teams have clocked this and are marking him tighter so his influemce in games is getting lower.

Tbh i doubt very much any opposition team/manager mark any Everton player tighter. As better as he has been he and no Everton player command that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.