2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mates were getting punches thrown at them. He wanted to draw attention to it and stop it.

Two fans threw their shirts on the pitch.

We

Well I was sat right in front of the fighting and joined in the chants but ok.
It does look like there were some digs being thrown.

Bad when you fight with your own fans.

A lot of our fans are proper nobeds.
I've witnessed it 1st hand many a time. Definition of toxic. But after last year, i think its a case of lots of them feel they are untouchable and can do what they like.

The fans may well be the reason we stayed up, or a big part of it anyway, but they are also the reason we will never get anywhere as well.

Its kind of poetic when you think about it.

A lot of our fans are proper nobeds.
I've witnessed it 1st hand many a time. Definition of toxic. But after last year, i think its a case of lots of them feel they are untouchable and can do what they like.

The fans may well be the reason we stayed up, or a big part of it anyway, but they are also the reason we will never get anywhere as well.

Its kind of poetic when you think about it.

But let's be honest, getting beat by an average team twice is pathetic. Its not like we were unlucky to lose. Those players are taking the piss and they need to understand that you can't put those performances in expecially when fans are paying good money.

But let's be honest, getting beat by an average team twice is pathetic. Its not like we were unlucky to lose. Those players are taking the piss and they need to understand that you can't put those performances in expecially when fans are paying good money.
Results not good, obviously, but thats really not going to help is it.

Our fans have been a red faced, toxic time bomb since the beginning of Martinez 2nd season and its got us nowhere. Absolutely no patience or understanding, and a weird sense of entitlement. Its embarrassing for the most part, and it gets us absolutely nowhere. 1 minute we are amazing and everyone is patting themselves on the back for how great our fans are, "we never shone so brightly". Next minute, hurling abuse and on the verge of violence because we didnt win a game we expected to win.

Man City lost at home to Brentford today. Teams lose games. Thats football.

This team is not ready yet. Having angry coked up temper tantrums like petulant children is not going to get us anywhere but another manager getting his wages paid for the next 2 years and another "rebuild" on the horizon.

Im sick of the inevitability of it all to be honest. This, combined with the modern social media era of football fans and a healthy dose of of VAR and corruption thrown in for good measure, i genuinely cba any more.

The funny thing about this new stadium, is most people are excited, waiting on baited breath for it to be completed. The light at the end of the long dark tunnel. But i can see a lot of people doing their time at Goodison to be 1 of the "lucky" few to get in on the ground floor, only to be struck by the massive price increase and the same old inevitable Evertonness of it all and sack it off after 1 year. So anyone worried about not getting a ticket for BMD, just have a bit of patience, and you will most likely have your pick of whichever shiny expensive seat you want in the 2nd season.

They will be begging people to come back in no time, but by then, i think most people will have washed their hands with the game anyway. Its dead in the water at this point, people just haven't noticed yet.

Results not good, obviously, but thats really not going to help is it.

Our fans have been a red faced, toxic time bomb since the beginning of Martinez 2nd season and its got us nowhere. Absolutely no patience or understanding, and a weird sense of entitlement. Its embarrassing for the most part, and it gets us absolutely nowhere. 1 minute we are amazing and everyone is patting themselves on the back for how great our fans are, "we never shone so brightly". Next minute, hurling abuse and on the verge of violence because we didnt win a game we expected to win.

Man City lost at home to Brentford today. Teams lose games. Thats football.

This team is not ready yet. Having coked up temper tantrums like petulant children is not going to get us anywhere but another manager getting his wages paid for the next 2 years and another "rebuild" on the horizon.

Im sick of the inevitability of it all to be honest. This, combined with the modern social media era of football fans and a healthy dose of of VAR and corruption thrown in for good measure, i genuinely cba any more.

The funny thing about this new stadium, is most people are excited, waiting on baited breath for it to be completed. The light at the end of the long dark tunnel. But i can see a lot of people doing their time at Goodison to be 1 of the "lucky" few to get in on the ground floor, only to be struck by the massive price increase and the same old inevitable Evertonness of it all and sack it off after 1 year. So anyone worried about not getting a ticket for BMD, just have a bit of patience, and you will most likely have your pick of whichever shiny expensive seat you want in the 2nd season.

They will be begging people to come back in no time, but by then, i think most people will have washed their hands with the game anyway. Its dead in the water at this point, people just haven't noticed yet.
There is absolutely no entitlement in our fan base. None of us expect to win or achieve anything. No one thinks we deserve to win anything either. When a club is run like we have been then you deserve nothing. Well, maybe relegation i suppose.

Most people's only expectation is to not dread watching our team play. Thats about as low as expectations could ever be.

Our fans are arguably far too patient and have tolerated rubbish and ineptitude for too long.

There is absolutely no entitlement in our fan base. None of us expect to win or achieve anything. No one thinks we deserve to win anything either. When a club is run like we have been then you deserve nothing. Well, maybe relegation i suppose.

Most people's only expectation is to not dread watching our team play. Thats about as low as expectations could ever be.

Our fans are arguably far too patient and have tolerated rubbish and ineptitude for too long.
I dont believe that for 1 minute, but you are free to your opinion. We will agree to disagree.

They were chanting his name - if & a big if if some idiots have racially abused him let the police sort it out OK! dont 2 +2 & make 5
I wasn't even on about anything our fans have or haven't done. I'm saying for him there is no reason to sign a deal. He's clearly good enough to get another PL (or somewhere in the top European leagues) club to give him a deal. It's possible the club or clubs interested will be in better standing than us. And it's also possible we'll be down by the time his deal is done.

I just don't see why he would sign here again unless we offer dumb money.

What happened today was ugly and gave the media an excuse to portray us as animals.
Wouldn’t care what the media think. They always had negative feeling and thought towards us. Now for the fans arguing with the players. Can’t see how that’s bad. Those fans have traveled twice in 5 days to the longest away trip we have this season. One being a late night kick off. And have been served what I can only call pile of ***** performance on both occasions. Add that to last season and the years of no success, if I was there I would be doing the same. Now about the supposed racial remark towards iwobi I don’t know if it’s true or not, but that idiot or idiots can do one. Every club has idiots like that. Who deserve no place in this world in my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.