2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs loads more goals to change my view
Mentally he has always been very lacking (like so many of our past/present players). He needs to be more confident and make more of those runs. No reason why someone with his size and technical ability can’t be a better player. I don’t see it continuing but here’s hoping Lampard fixes him.

Mentally he has always been very lacking (like so many of our past/present players). He needs to be more confident and make more of those runs. No reason why someone with his size and technical ability can’t be a better player. I don’t see it continuing but here’s hoping Lampard fixes him.
The mentality thing, it helped Goodison was the most supportive it has been for a long time on Thursday, the crowd was how it needs to be and the players felt inspired, the certainly looked relaxed.
Dont get me wrong, the football wasn't great but the commitment was there, and Alex grew in confidence

Iwobi thrives on support from the crowd. For years we’ve all been saying on here that we fans can have a positive impact on performances and results. And Neville Southall has also been saying that. Finally we have started getting behind our players and our manager… And lo and behold, we’ve started winning at home. The Goodison faithful was the difference against Leeds, the difference against Brentford and the difference against Newcastle. One of the Leeds players and two of the Newcastle players said we Everton fans were like a 12th man. As an aside we were also desperately unlucky not to get something at home against the champions, too.

The England goalie Ben Foster said a couple of months ago we Everton fans have for years been regarded as an asset to the opposition. Well that has all changed now. I’m so proud of the way we got behind the players against Newcastle on Thursday night.

Sadly away from home we are terrible, so I can’t see us progressing to the semi-finals. After so many poor results during Benitez’s tenure our players are understandably fragile mentally. They need an adoring home crowd to lift them. Palace are one of the in-form teams in the country, too.

Iwobi was himself against Newcastle until the goal, that is, unable to beat the full-back or make a decent pass.
He did his favorite dance a couple of times- the one when he's got the ball but has no idea what to do with it
and knows that his anxiety will be soon over.

Expect a no-show performance at Palace.

The fact that he does not have the belief to take his man on, with his athleticism and decent pace annoys the hell out of me.

Save us the drop and be gone please.

Here is the dilemma. I want him to recreate a similar moment next game. In that regard, I want him to start.

On the other hand, every time he has a decent moment in a game, he absolutely butchers the next 5 opportunities and essentially becomes Andre Gomes. A nothing player.

As badly as we need him to come good, I am concerned it will be more of the same hereon. When he is BAD, we have no chance of winning

Status
Not open for further replies.