2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was delighted for him as he had had a good game and was still running into good positions well after the end of normal time. Now, if only this frees him up to enable him to play as well as Lampard suggested he does in training...
Always delighted to see an Everton player performing. I have never indulged in personal abuse of an Everton player.

They need supporters to lift them...booing, throwing cushions (1984) and keyboard warriors are not going to help.

He didn't play like he was nervous last night. He was constantly pressing them and trying to win it back.

He comes across as a lad that lacks confidence.

You are right though, he seemed to let go of inhibitions last night. I thought when Saint Maximim came on he was excellent on him, and tried to double up every time and outmuscle him. That was a lot better.

Think he's done ok under Lampard to be honest, and was actually happy to see him in the team which makes a change.

He comes across as a lad that lacks confidence.

You are right though, he seemed to let go of inhibitions last night. I thought when Saint Maximim came on he was excellent on him, and tried to double up every time and outmuscle him. That was a lot better.

Think he's done ok under Lampard to be honest, and was actually happy to see him in the team which makes a change.
Lampard said after the game, he doesnt realise how good he is/can be. Maybe lacks self confidence.

Lampard may be the right manager for him if he can drill the right movement into Iwobi. His biggest issue apart from the brainfarts is his movement is godawful. If he can learn to consistently get himself open and become a threat in the box as he can be, no reason he can’t improve immensely.

Frank wants to be a positive manager so the fit may be right.

I still don’t know how he stayed so cool playing the one-two then slotted, ran to the park end and stood absolutely perfectly still in a pose!

Just imagine it, you’d feel your heart pumping in your chest, the noise is incredible, 30+ thousand people are jumping up and down, your team mates and management team are going berserk, and the TV gantry’s are wobbling.

Just soak it up lad. Get in!

Half of the reason we are in this mess is massively underperforming players who have phoned it in for 6+ managers now. So I will not be singing his praises for one good moment in 4 years of absolute dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.