2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Lampards interview, I get the feeling Iwobi lacks a little self belief and self confidence probably why he's good in training and a nervous wreck match days, hopefully Lampard can nurture the player we keep hearing about in training.
If you watch iwobis interview after the game he seems very nervous and clearly parroting stuff he is given in media training, just doesnt seem a confident lad at all... This could be why he trains so well and performs badly usually

If you watch iwobis interview after the game he seems very nervous and clearly parroting stuff he is given in media training, just doesnt seem a confident lad at all... This could be why he trains so well and performs badly usually

I think it's really important to support him and the team on social media especially, because they clearly do read and absorb what is being talked about, and everyone in the team obviously loves Iwobi. It's really hard to be an introvert or not naturally confident, and he's got fitness and power and pace, and I hope the confidence gives him that ability to make the right pass or right choice at the end.

Stick him centre midfield alongside Doucoure at the weekend, tell him to just be energetic and get around the pitch. Just don’t play Gomes.

I think his ideal position should be central and most advanced of a midfield three. Playing him anywhere else sets him up for failure. He doesn't have the athleticism to play wide/forward. For me his best quality is that he gets his head up quickly and plays forward passes into dangerous areas. Those sort of passes don't always come off (unless your Hamez), but I can certainly live with a player making those attempts in that area of the pitch.

I'm a firm believer that our weak as pish midfield and defence needs an extra body in the middle of the park. It makes a lot of sense to me that we should be giving Iwobi a shot there. If not him then Gordon, VDB or Alli.

I think his ideal position should be central and most advanced of a midfield three. Playing him anywhere else sets him up for failure. He doesn't have the athleticism to play wide/forward. For me his best quality is that he gets his head up quickly and plays forward passes into dangerous areas. Those sort of passes don't always come off (unless your Hamez), but I can certainly live with a player making those attempts in that area of the pitch.

I'm a firm believer that our weak as pish midfield and defence needs an extra body in the middle of the park. It makes a lot of sense to me that we should be giving Iwobi a shot there. If not him then Gordon, VDB or Alli.
he surprised me with his strength tho, when he outmuscled saint-maximim off the ball I recall. needs to use more of that

Decent game but.... he's one of the many players we have who has 1 good game followed by 9 below average games, let's hope he can put a run of good performances In and prove me wrong

I was delighted for him as he had had a good game and was still running into good positions well after the end of normal time. Now, if only this frees him up to enable him to play as well as Lampard suggested he does in training...

He didn't play like he was nervous last night. He was constantly pressing them and trying to win it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.