2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressed that Frank is getting a tune out of him. When your resources are limited you need to extract what you can from what you have.

Looking at the finish by Alex Iwobi, I'm definitely thinking that a 'brown envelope' was handed to the Newcastle Utd keeper before the game. The guy should have easily saved that shot but appeared to pull his hand back. Top marks to Iwobi for getting into that position and getting the shot off.

And inside the brown envelope was a dirty pizza delivered by six guys to a hotel room to Dubravka.

From Lampards interview, I get the feeling Iwobi lacks a little self belief and self confidence probably why he's good in training and a nervous wreck match days, hopefully Lampard can nurture the player we keep hearing about in training.

One thing about Alex iwobi is that he adds another box to box midfielder and loads of energy. It's whats needed to get out of the relegation battle.

Looking at the finish by Alex Iwobi, I'm definitely thinking that a 'brown envelope' was handed to the Newcastle Utd keeper before the game. The guy should have easily saved that shot but appeared to pull his hand back. Top marks to Iwobi for getting into that position and getting the shot off.
Why try and take the shine off a glorious moment?

From Lampards interview, I get the feeling Iwobi lacks a little self belief and self confidence probably why he's good in training and a nervous wreck match days, hopefully Lampard can nurture the player we keep hearing about in training.
I think this is right... but I don't think why his relationship with the crowd has evolved is a particular mystery.

Literally all we ask for is graft and we'll back any player.

Iwobi has been putting in some serious shifts since Lampard came in, which the crowd has responded to, which in turn has clearly lifted him.

I wonder if it's related to the high pressing we've started since Lampard? It gives him an opportunity to graft, and be seen to graft, whereas previously as a team we were much more passive out of possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.