2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can just contribute as he has he can be useful agree he isn't a wideman
He's not a true winger. I think you can start him wide but he's got to have license to drift. That's where I think he struggled with Carlo. He seemed under very direct instruction to hold width and it isn't what he's good at. He's found himself infield more in three games than all of last season pretty much.

Doesn't sound like he's had his chances from you really (whatever that actually means).

You'll call him crap when he's crap, call him crap when he's good, but are gracious enough to admit that you might change your mind if he's scoring and playing killer passes and maintaining good form for the next six months (as if any of our players barring Digne has done that recently).

It's alright to hate our players, it's Everton after all, but rather just openly own that?
Thanks but I won't have you deciding to read between the lines of any of my posts and decide my mind for me. I said it and i mean it I don't hate him and i didnt call him crap when he's good i called him average or just above so learn to read first rather than interpret and put your own incorrect nuances to what someone else says. I might change my mind if he performs how a £35m player should perform for an extended length of time. What does "doesn't sound like he's had his chances from you really" mean? He's been rubbish since he got here he's had plenty of chances or have you not watched us over the last few seasons? This bloke has been awful yet two average performances are supposed to wash away all the abject ones since he got here. Its ok to love our players no matter what if thats what your like just own it don't hide behind anything.

Yes, he was massively over priced. Yes, he was a panic buy, and yes he has been pretty awful for most of his time here - the away game last year at Southampton was probably the worst performance I can remember seeing from an outfield player.

However, there were a few glimpses last year, and to be fair to him he was pretty decent off the bench against Soton, was pretty decent against Leeds and was pretty decent last night. I'm prepared to give him a chance as its in no-ones benefit if he keeps playing badly and is clearly a confidence player who needs direction.
This basically.

So far we've seen an improvement on last season which is a start. If he keeps up this form at least it makes it easier to find suitors next year

Benitez working on coaching Iwobi. Sees him as someone with ability and energy that needs more coaching.

Working on his positioning a what he has to do when he receives the ball.

Well there is certainly a difference already.

Benitez working on coaching Iwobi. Sees him as someone with ability and energy that needs more coaching.

Working on his positioning a what he has to do when he receives the ball.

Well there is certainly a difference already.
If I had gone through a revolving door of coaches, each putting me in different positions and playing different styles, and my career went backwards, and the last one showed no interest in working with me and actually mocked me in a press conference, and the new guy showed faith in me, worked with me to improve, and featured me in my best role, and I started to do well, I’d walk through hell in a gasoline suit for that guy

All caveats

Status
Not open for further replies.