2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi has really had a good month or two.
He has been consistent with his effort and awareness. His long passing could be better but I didn't think Frank could find a role for him at all.
He obviously just needed a hug after the constant battering ( mostly warranted) from the fans.
I hope if he finishes the season like this he can kick on next season.

Iwobi has really had a good month or two.
He has been consistent with his effort and awareness. His long passing could be better but I didn't think Frank could find a role for him at all.
He obviously just needed a hug after the constant battering ( mostly warranted) from the fans.
I hope if he finishes the season like this he can kick on next season.
Not really though. There was zero benefit of the doubt given to him from day one and mostly for reasons that aren't his fault.

Not really though. There was zero benefit of the doubt given to him from day one and mostly for reasons that aren't his fault.
For me hes played his best games for us at Wing Back, kinda puts holes in the "hes better in the middle" discussion.

And hes been terrible, mostly for his whole time at the club, THATS his fault.

I like him somewhat now and he offers so much in contributions toward the game but he still has a tendency to slow everything down. Just has to work on that otherwise he was good

For me hes played his best games for us at Wing Back, kinda puts holes in the "hes better in the middle" discussion.

And hes been terrible, mostly for his whole time at the club, THATS his fault.
I didn't really like how he played today. The ball to Mykolenko was good but otherwise he didn't use the ball well at all. He did a job because he's one of the few players in our team disciplined enough to do something for the cause that doesn't put him personally in the best positions. It really should be something we celebrate.

I didn't really like how he played today. The ball to Mykolenko was good but otherwise he didn't use the ball well at all. He did a job because he's one of the few players in our team disciplined enough to do something for the cause that doesn't put him personally in the best positions. It really should be something we celebrate.
Hes getting the praise his performance requires, but your desire to rewrite history and suggesting its not his fault hes been largely complete garbo, the last few weeks aisde, is not something to celebrate.

Hes in his 3rd season and hes played well in less than 5 of those games, would LOVE To know whos fault that is.

Im all ears.

In fact no, forget it, Well played Alex, thats all that should be said.

Hes getting the praise his performance requires, but your desire to rewrite history and suggesting its not his fault hes been largely complete garbo, the last few weeks aisde, is not something to celebrate.

Hes in his 3rd season and hes played well in less than 5 of those games, would LOVE To know whos fault that is.

Im all ears.

In fact no, forget it, Well played Alex, thats all that should be said.
The thing is you know who, you know exactly what their names are. Frank isn't a miracle worker. Or at least I'm not convinced he is yet, maybe one day he will be.

Seems all you need now is ‘work rate’ to gain plaudits. That’s the bare minimum that should be expected of players.
It’s not just about effort and work rate. Commitment is about showing for the ball even when the going is tough and you’re getting stick off the fans.

He’s been a terrible signing and I’d get rid this summer for anything north of £10M, but you can’t deny that he’s been really good the last few months and shown loads of bottle that we have never seen in the previous years he’s been here. His goals and the couple of assists and saves he’s bagged will vital to us staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.