2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years left on contract, one could be forgiven for wondering if there’s a link between his up turn in form and likelyhood of negotiations starting…..
Regardless, if he maintains / improves on his current performances for long enough for it to be an actual turning point rather than purple patch I’d be glad to see him stay longer….. if normal service is resumed then he can GTF.

Only Pickford's form is keeping him from being our best player of the past few months. I have been a big critic in the past but he has done a complete 180 under Lampards.
There comes a point for some players where they realise they have to believe in themselves. Iwobi has become a key part of the team, he is not a junior. He is shouldering the responsibility of a senior player and it’s great to see.

2 years left on contract, one could be forgiven for wondering if there’s a link between his up turn in form and likelyhood of negotiations starting…..
Regardless, if he maintains / improves on his current performances for long enough for it to be an actual turning point rather than purple patch I’d be glad to see him stay longer….. if normal service is resumed then he can GTF.

Id be pretty impressed if we sold him for £15mil.

To get that back after hes been so poor for so long would be ideal.

Few driving runs and through ball assists from Alex tonight i sense. It’ll be fairly open I reckon and our quality will hopefully shine through.

Only Pickford's form is keeping him from being our best player of the past few months. I have been a big critic in the past but he has done a complete 180 under Lampards.
Same here. Doesn't feel that long ago we wanted this boy so far away from the squad

The idea should be to look for opportunities to free him up around the box and allow him a bit of time to pick out a pass. I do think atm he is one our more dangerous players in the final 3rd. Time to see if he can show some consistency

If you’re going to play him play him in midfield Frank, wasted at wingback!! Get him in front of Delphi and doucourre - Watford are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.