2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd probably look better in a team where he is surrounded by quality, but he doesn't improve an average team like us. He lets the game pass him by all too often. He has talent, but he's very ineffective and frustrating. I don't think he deserves to play because he's had far too many bad performances.
It's not even about quality. He's poor at crossing and we have a team that lives for crossing for example. Put him in a different team stylistically even if they aren't better and he'd look different.

What? Literally every single thing he did was wrong.
This is really my whole point in this thread. If there was a single post that could explain how it is not even slightly objective anymore from a group of people that have just become to hateful to see anything for what it is this is it.

I watched with my eyes and saw Iwobi occasionally kick a ball at City defenders for 80 minutes when in good positions.
No. Your passion doesn't allow you to separate your emotions out.

Again, it's fine, football is emotional. But pretending you're just stating the facts is silly.

Sums up the squad. Every touch is a hesitation. Just cannot do anything with conviction. Lacks confidence, over thinks simple situations, can’t execute simple passes, then the cycle repeats.
The hesitation stuff runs through the whole squad and is something we can't fix without a long period of building continuity in a system. And it is super important to fix.

The hesitation stuff runs through the whole squad and is something we can't fix without a long period of building continuity in a system. And it is super important to fix.

Agreed on this, but Gray and Townsend have a bit more decisiveness about them. It spreads to everything though. Even balls we’re favourite to win we don’t because a player hesitates to go in 100%. Our passes are under hit, or ridiculously over hit. Defenders actually delaying clearing the ball from the penalty area for some unknown reason. It just kills us and it’s been a problem for ages. No conviction in anything as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.