2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't even going there, although that is clearly part of it when people are constantly on about him being lazy and not caring while also asking over and over why he doesn't beat players for pace. I mean you've literally tossed brainless and heartless in there. So it would be crazy to deny it playing a part.

But I was more on about just the simple scapegoating and unrelenting dislike that started before he even played a game for us. Day one to today people have had a dislike of the player and it is ridiculous that those people act like they're being objective with it still.

He's just a very ineffective player. 3 goals in over 2 seasons for a 30m attacker is a dreadful return. It's not like he creates chances either.

So if you are poor offensively then you need to offer strengths off the ball, but he's not a natural defender, so I really don't understand why he is picked so regularly. He is poor winning at the ball, and lacks quality in the areas that matter. We signed him in a panic because we missed out on Zaha. Not the smartest way to do business.

He's just a very ineffective player. 3 goals in over 2 seasons for a 30m attacker is a dreadful return. It's not like he creates chances either.

So if you are poor offensively then you need to offer strengths off the ball, but he's not a natural defender, so I really don't understand why he is picked so regularly. He is poor winning the ball, and lacks quality in the areas that matter.
He's played badly for us. I'm not fighting that. I do still think that he's not this bad of a player because the glimpses of talent still come out sometimes. But they'll always be rare playing in our team that doesn't suit what limited skills he does have.

I'm not really fighting that he's been bad for us, what I am fighting is the constant scapegoating. Again, everyone was bad yesterday. I'd actually argue that Iwobi was one of the better players. And yet here we are.

He's played badly for us. I'm not fighting that. I do still think that he's not this bad of a player because the glimpses of talent still come out sometimes. But they'll always be rare playing in our team that doesn't suit what limited skills he does have.

I'm not really fighting that he's been bad for us, what I am fighting is the constant scapegoating. Again, everyone was bad yesterday. I'd actually argue that Iwobi was one of the better players. And yet here we are.

Hahahahahahahaha please log off.

No it wasn't.

I don't do that on here anymore because I've learned from the time I did that there are a lot of people on here incapable of drawing pretty straightforward conclusions because it is uncomfortable to do so.

Garbage. And you are right. Its not the first time you've pulled out the race card regarding iwobi.
You know it.
Pack it in.

He'd probably look better in a team where he is surrounded by quality, but he doesn't improve an average team like us. He lets the game pass him by all too often. He has talent, but he's very ineffective and frustrating. I don't think he deserves to play because he's had far too many bad performances.

I've defended him loads in this thread. Pointing out his "pre-assists" earlier in the season when we were playing well.
Yesterday he was absolutely atrocious, the worst of a bad bunch.

He'd probably look better in a team where he is surrounded by quality, but he doesn't improve an average team like us. He lets the game pass him by all too often. He has talent, but he's very ineffective and frustrating. I don't think he deserves to play because he's had far too many bad performances.
He was surrounded by quality at arsenal and they got shut

Iwobi is not a great player but equally he's far from being our biggest problem. At least six of our players were worse than he was on Sunday.
Sorry to interrupt the Iwobi hate-feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.