2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's slowly repaying Ancelotti's faith in playing him week in week out and slowly becoming an important player due to him being able to dribble past players which Everton have 0 people capable of doing. I've said before I don't think he'll ever deliver what we paid for him but he'll do for now, If he can start adding more goals we could probably focus on different areas of the team.

He's slowly repaying Ancelotti's faith in playing him week in week out and slowly becoming an important player due to him being able to dribble past players which Everton have 0 people capable of doing. I've said before I don't think he'll ever deliver what we paid for him but he'll do for now, If he can start adding more goals we could probably focus on different areas of the team.
What did we pay for him? Was it about £25 mil? I know it seems high, but lots of middling footballers go for that these days. Seems to be about par for a premier league standard player.

What did we pay for him? Was it about £25 mil? I know it seems high, but lots of middling footballers go for that these days. Seems to be about par for a premier league standard player.
28m rising to 34m, I'm saying it because I think we could've gotten a lot more accomplished player for that fee but it's done now.

Reactions: MKS
Wonder if he will convert all those who have said he is crap? I hope so. Maybe he needed a confidence boost.
I think this system suits him and James been in the team is certainly helping. He may struggle again if the team selection and tactics hamper him. I haven’t been a critic. My only criticism is end product. He does the difficult things with ease but sometimes his crossing could be better considering the positions he takes.

Dribbling is a key factor for me. I would like to see a similar team selection. next game keep Diane at left midfield James in a free role and Richy up top in place of Iceman.

Dribbling is a key factor for me. I would like to see a similar team selection. next game keep Diane at left midfield James in a free role and Richy up top in place of Iceman.
images

He's definitely looking much improved in the past few months, but I genuinely struggle to see why it took him so long to realise he can take on players and actually break into a sprint several times a game.

He was utterly appalling last season yet came to us fully integrated in the league and seemingly injury-free.

I hope he continues this upwards trajectory and becomes an important player for us. I've given him an awful lot of stick and nothing would please me more about him than to see him make me eat my words.

His versatility is useful in that it allows us to play a number of different systems with same 11 players. He can play on either wing or a number 10 or as a midfielder in a 3 or a RWB in if we go 3 at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.