2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you're saying doesn't sprint back after today you're just viewing it all way too selectively. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Look at the clip agin when he was praised for getting the ball off Rashford. He’s just standing there watching him turn Digne inside out until he eventually ambled back and gets it. When Calvert Lewin is breaking down the left Iwobi is the furthest forward and just jogs whilst Doucoure runs past him to get into the box. If that is a good performance by Iwobi then Christ the bar is set low.

Look at the clip agin when he was praised for getting the ball off Rashford. He’s just standing there watching him turn Digne inside out until he eventually ambled back and gets it. When Calvert Lewin is breaking down the left Iwobi is the furthest forward and just jogs whilst Doucoure runs past him to get into the box. If that is a good performance by Iwobi then Christ the bar is set low.
If you're complaining about the way he won the ball back as being too lazy then you are simply going to criticize everything he does. That's really it.

If you're complaining about the way he won the ball back as being too lazy then you are simply going to criticize everything he does. That's really it.

Not really, he got it back by pure good fortune that Rashford messed around with it. How is it a good thing that he’s just lazily jogging back as our full back is being turned inside out?

If you think what he offered is good enough then fine. For me it’s miles away from what I expect from a 30 million pound winger.

Not really, he got it back by pure good fortune that Rashford messed around with it. How is it a good thing that he’s just lazily jogging back as our full back is being turned inside out?

If you think what he offered is good enough then fine. For me it’s miles away from what I expect from a 30 million pound winger.
Did he win the ball back? Yes? And he was lazy for that? I mean there are a million things to say about this performance and you've still come straight to "Iwobi is lazy."

You guys are ridiculous.

Doucoure doesn't miss the ball and he caps off a good display by setting up the equalizer.
Overall today for his short stint he was ok. Couple good crosses but he pulled out of 3 challenges. Compare his effort and bravery to Bruno Fernandes who was running non stop from first min to end of match and if we believe iwobi had a good display and if that's the level our players are aspiring then we are in real trouble.

I really don't think this lad is good enough for any team in the top 6. Mid 20s now and I think if carlo is backed in the transfer market this is a player along with bernard who will be sold.

Like all our 'wide' players, gets to the final third, then doesn't have a clue what to do with it. Can only Digne or James actually cross a ball?

Exactly, stealth mode Iwobi is a secret weapon. The opposition don't even think about his existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.