2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the only creative outlet we have if Rodriguez is not on the money, I wouldn't start him for a while after that shameful Southampton game but he might need to be brought on a lot earlier.

Overall today for his short stint he was ok. Couple good crosses but he pulled out of 3 challenges. Compare his effort and bravery to Bruno Fernandes who was running non stop from first min to end of match and if we believe iwobi had a good display and if that's the level our players are aspiring then we are in real trouble.

I really don't think this lad is good enough for any team in the top 6. Mid 20s now and I think if carlo is backed in the transfer market this is a player along with bernard who will be sold.
Beglin on commentary gobshite that he is made a comment about how hard Iwobi was tracking back and as he doesn't have an irrational hatred for him like half our fanbase I'm going to agree. I'd love to see these 50/50s as apparently he does this every game and I genuinely can remember it happening once and he did that because he was only ever going to foul the guy and get booked.

Did he win the ball back? Yes? And he was lazy for that? I mean there are a million things to say about this performance and you've still come straight to "Iwobi is lazy."

it’s the Iwobi thread. I’ve criticised the whole performance in general on the match thread and I’ve called Sigurdsson everything under the sun on his thread. Iwobi is lazy though, his attitude is terrible, and whilst he was marginally better than usual today he was coming off the bench fresh against a team that should have been tiring yet still refused to sprint in defence or to join the attack. That’s lazy in my book.

it’s the Iwobi thread. I’ve criticised the whole performance in general on the match thread and I’ve called Sigurdsson everything under the sun on his thread. Iwobi is lazy though, his attitude is terrible, and whilst he was marginally better than usual today he was coming off the bench fresh against a team that should have been tiring yet still refused to sprint in defence or to join the attack. That’s lazy in my book.
At this point all I can really say is of course he is. JFC this is such a joke.

He did more in 15 minutes than our midfield did all the game ......

That’s his problem mate, gives you 10-15 mins of okay performances every now and again. Fact he’s still not getting starts says it all and when he does he’s abysmal and is rightly dropped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.