2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought he played on the left of a front 3 for Arsenal, judging by the article earlier I’d play him there and have him and Richarlison constantly switching and moving, stretching the defence. However I don’t see him as a starter ahead of the current front 3 so he’d be a sub at best, the option of either him or Kean coming on.

For me, if he plays, he needs to do exactly what he did against Fleetwood. Abandon his wing as often as possible and overload the box and central area. We finally have central midfielders that have the ability to cover for him should he go central. He should be a boon for set pieces and crosses as well.
Him being a true winger at times last season never made sense

Id be locking up my horses if is was DCL and Richarlison and they dont hit 20:

"I hope he can reach the target of 20 goals. Behind them we have James, Andre Gomes, Sigurdsson. Our strikers have to be happy. Bernard, also, an assist man. They are comfortable. If they don't score at least 20 goals each, they have a problem with me." - Carlo.

Him being a true winger at times last season never made sense
He can be one of those niche players that can be very effective. I think he has good ability for his size and should be a matchup nightmare. Obviously never a winger, but he can come central since we tend to favor the left side anyway. Another big body to play bully ball

He needs to not overthink things like that. Two really brain dead decisions with the ball with his limited touches that has me scratching my head. If he wants to make it here in the league, he has to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.