2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not consistent enough and hard to see that changing.

We'd probably have to get £25m to break even for FFP. In this market, I don't think there would be many takers.

In 12-18 months he'll have become a bench-warmer if he is still here. And that would be an optimistic outlook for him.

Not a bad option to have in the context of where we have been and the ongoing overhaul, if he was limited to 20 minutes every so often.

He's unlikely to be the right sided forward that we need, and I doubt anyone is paying the money we did. His best bet may be re-training like Victor Moses did as a right wing back of sorts.

He's unlikely to be the right sided forward that we need, and I doubt anyone is paying the money we did. His best bet may be re-training like Victor Moses did as a right wing back of sorts.
I think you’re right. Might be best to try and drill him defensively and get him up to speed with being a right back instead

Not consistent enough and hard to see that changing.

We'd probably have to get £25m to break even for FFP. In this market, I don't think there would be many takers.

In 12-18 months he'll have become a bench-warmer if he is still here. And that would be an optimistic outlook for him.

Not a bad option to have in the context of where we have been and the ongoing overhaul, if he was limited to 20 minutes every so often.

5 year deal at £27mil
Each year would be £5.4mil

3 years left in summer = £16.2mil breakeven.

Hated this signing cause it signaled they still hadn't learnt from past mistakes, in particular Walcott.
Nothin is going to make this team better than like a really top right winger.
I reckon Iwobi will do better at Southampton but this team is working off a different logic.

He seems to be a player that needs momentum and a few ganes to get into his groove. Struggles when he's in and out. Needs some consistency though

I just don't think he's ever really been put in a great position for what he is good at. I'm not sure he ever will get that chance here or anywhere else tbf, but I just don't see a winger when I watch him.

We overpaid for him.

But a month ago everyone was jizzing over him. Now Richarlison has scored a couple so it's time to bash someone else.

He's improved a lot in the last year under Carlo and needs to keep it up. Poor game yesterday, but it happens. He's useful to have in the squad and if we get Europe then that will continue, because nobody is going to pay what we paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.