2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not great but not as bad as some make out. He offers us balance, he presses, opposition players back off him when he’s running with the ball. When he’s fit more often that not Carlo is picking him to start.

We overpaid for him.

But a month ago everyone was jizzing over him. Now Richarlison has scored a couple so it's time to bash someone else.

He's improved a lot in the last year under Carlo and needs to keep it up. Poor game yesterday, but it happens. He's useful to have in the squad and if we get Europe then that will continue, because nobody is going to pay what we paid.

Really?

He had one of his best games of the season against Fulham away if I remember rightly. Strange that he wasn't involved today.

He should have played today in place of James.

Ideal game for him.

Surely out the door in summer.

Really?

He should have played today in place of James.

Ideal game for him.

Surely out the door in summer.

Zat, I was defending him.

I'd have happily seen him play today. Whether instead of James or Gyfli it doesn't matter.

He should have played - with one of the other two, or if Carlo was really desperate to play Gylfi, play 4-2-3-1 with James, Gylfi and Iwobi in there.

Probably playing like a complete donkey against Spurs put paid to his chance to play tonight

But it should really be horses for courses.

Again comes down to bad team selection today.

Iwobi could have offered us something today.

Or, play King, with the plan to give him an hour.

Or, start Bernard, who will have been full of confidence after that winner.

Iwobi does run with the ball, and we miss that when he doesn't play.He's just so inconsistent and that's the frustrating part.

He doesn’t impose himself enough in games, and I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough. But he’d have done a lot better tonight than Sig or Gomes, as these are the games he tends to do a little better in.

Zat, I was defending him.

I'd have happily seen him play today. Whether instead of James or Gyfli it doesn't matter.

He should have played - with one of the other two, or if Carlo was really desperate to play Gylfi, play 4-2-3-1 with James, Gylfi and Iwobi in there.

See the part i bolded? Thats not quite true.

I think its a poor footballer in general...but he should have played in place of James today.

Also, i cant see why he shouldnt get ahead of one of Gomes or Sigurdsson simply because those 2 together never works.

See the part i bolded? Thats not quite true.

I think its a poor footballer in general...but he should have played in place of James today.

Also, i cant see why he shouldnt get ahead of one of Gomes or Sigurdsson simply because those 2 together never works.

Sorry. Okay, a lot of people were though. And then they've turned again.

I think he's bang average but does offer our team something our other midfielders don't. If you simplify his game, he can be a decent player. He carries the ball well and physically can keep up with players.

Carlo has just said that we were physically outmatched. And that's on him picking four midfielders with no energy or physicality

But it should really be horses for courses.

Again comes down to bad team selection today.

Iwobi could have offered us something today.

Or, play King, with the plan to give him an hour.

Or, start Bernard, who will have been full of confidence after that winner.

Iwobi does run with the ball, and we miss that when he doesn't play.He's just so inconsistent and that's the frustrating part.

King for me mate. We literally changed the whole system today instead of just selecting King to either play up top or on the left.

Wednesday I'd be shocked if King isn't up front and Richarlison stuck back to the left. That was a shocking centre forwards effort from Richarlison today but this evening was all on Ancelotti unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.